For all the ladies who have experienced a lost.

edited September 2011 in Loss
I just thought I would share this poem my grandma gave me when she lost her son due to sids almost 40+ years ago. I came across it when she had asked me to find her cemetery plot info for my grandpa creepy yes I know. I know recently there's been a few ladies on here that have experienced a miscarriage. I myself have experienced a mc as well and it is nothing I wish upon anyone at all. Weather its a miscarriage, still born etc. A loss is a loss and it hurts regardless of how far along a mother was. Thought this would help ease the pain a tad. So here it goes. It helped me. Don't know if this has been posted before or not if so im sorry.

A BABY'S SECRET
Im just a little baby
And I didn't stay long here,
I went straight to be with Jesus
And im waiting for you there.

Don't you fret about me Mommy,
I'm of all God's lambs most blest,
I'd have loved to stay there with you
But our Shepherd knows what's best.

Many dwelling here where I live
Waited years to enter in;
Struggled through a world of sorrow
And their lives were marred with sin.

So, dear parents, don't you sorrow,
Im not held in deaths cold tomb.
I have gone to be with Jesus
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom.

Thank you for the life you gave me,
It was brief, but don't complain,
I have all of heaven's glory;
Suffered none of earthling's pain.

Thank you for the name you gave me,
I'd have like to brought it fame
Had I lingered in earth's shadows
Might instead have brought it shame.

Daddy gave me something for you
It's our secret, Mommy dear,
Pressed it tight against my forehead
Whispered in my tiny ear.

I'll be waiting for you, Mommy--
You and Daddy,
I'll be with you then forever
And I'll give you Daddy's kiss.

"And a little child shall lead them." Isaiah 11,6.

How this brings me to tears each and every time I hear it. :'( it is a very good poem.. So very sorry for the loss of all the babies the Mom's and would of been dad's out there. My deepest sympathy goes out to you all!!!
R.I.P. Brady Michael 3/11

Comments

• Love it. I lost my baby girl aswell.
    R.I.P. MELANIE DIANNE DIAZ 9/16/09
  • :( thanks for sharing this.
  • I also recomend anyone who has lost anyone to read HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!
  • Sorry for your losses ladies. Your welcome.
  • Crying now! It's been one of those nights too!
    Never forgotten, my little baby now a perfect shining star in the sky. Keep watch over your brothers little one xxx
  • That was beautiful. Sad but beautiful
  • I know it made me cry typing it. It took me like 4 hours to finish it lol. Our angles are all in heaven playing around with each other having a blast and watching over us!!!
  • This is so true .... I lost my baby in march due to a misscarriage I was lost for months didnt know what to do. I then heard about a claire voyant so I went to visit her she told me about my baby how SHE was safe and with my granda's first wife who I didnt know and I didnt know it was a girl I was carrying as I found out on my twelve week scan that I had mc. But then she continued to tell me that I would have another baby girl in may next year and to my surprise I am pregnant again and due in may im not getting to excited but this is really helping me not get to worried about this one. I reccomend it its a fantasic and talented thing they can do. Thanks for reading
  • Awe im sorry for your loss hun. I as well had a mc in march too. That's pretty cool. Glad to hear your expecting again! I am due in april. Wanted a may baby but that's ok. Im now 16 weeks+5 days. I know im having a boy. I've never heard of the person your talking about. I knew I mc with a boy. I felt it, I knew it, I dreamt it, did the pencil test it all came back a boy in everything! I wish you lots if sticky baby dust. Im just now starting to get excited bc I can feel the baby move! Wish you lots of luck. My bday is may 12th :-) good luck!
  • That was so beautiful, I also lost my baby boy 6/21/11. Today was my due date. I also read heaven is for real and it gave me much peace knowing I will see my baby again some day!
  • Awe im sorry hun! Ill have to check into that one.
  • @mommyof3girls I so agree! Even without a loss. Its a must read. I cried a few times reading that book!
  • @MomOfAnAngel I hope this helps you in some way.
  • You're welcome @MomOfAnAngel!
  • thank you for sharing this @momofsoontobe7
  • I have lost 4 angles but reading this gave me a bit of peace!! thank you!
  • Awe your welcome ladies. Its never easy and its not going to be completely gone but knowing my angels are in heaven makes my mind at ease a little.
  • I'm at work n just read that n started crying! Hope no one sees me!! That's beautiful! And sad.
  • Arrianna Marie August 2010. Daddy Rileigh and I love you!!!
  • Kaydence Abby-Gail Raegan Hensley
    10-10-11 to 10-12-11
    Born at 12:35 pm 33+1
    Died 8:25 am 33+3
    1lb 4.8 oz. 11 inches long
    She lived 45 hours and ill treasure them forever she crashed 3 times while on the breathing machine after 7 long hours of crashing and reviving we made our decision to stop the suffering. She died in her mommy and daddy's arms as we held her together and our warm tears fall over her cold body. She is gone but she is NOT forgotten.
  • Marcus Peter, 2/10th/10 9.28pm.
    Fought like a warrior for 9 months and died peacefully next to mom and dad.
    Rip little man because the moment you left me began a countdown till the day we meet again and ill never let you go again
  • Awe ladies reading your information makes me tear up. It is a good poem for sure. Like I said my Gma lost her son and read this at his funeral...
  • I lost my son on May 13, 2007. I was 18 weeks along and we were going to find out the gender that week. It was Mother's Day. I will never forget that day as long as I live.

I have also had two early losses. Reading all these stories is so touching. There are some strong women here.
  • Benjamin Jack born to the Angels at 22weeks 4days on May 30th 2011 at 19:08 weighing 15oz. So tiny, but perfect none the less. Nothing on this earth will stop the pain we feel everyday after losing him. Beautiful poem thanks for sharing.
  • Hayley Jane ormsby, my baby sister with the angels 11/04/1986 21months old

Joshua Tierney, my beautiful nephew born to the angels 08/12/2009

Isabelle Mcgloughlin, my niece i never got to know, tragically taken from us 07/17/2010 age 4 months 17days

My angel baby, we never got to name you we couldn't hold you tight, i pray for you to be safe baby.

Love you all always :'(

Thank you for sharing this
  • So sorry ladies! Its not easy loosing a loved one let alone your own child! Your welcome!