Did anybodys baby become EXTREMELY clingy after starting solids?

edited September 2011 in Solid Foods
We gave Daniel some banana about a week ago, and he LOVED it. Did a very good job too, was opening his mouth for the spoon and moving it to the back of his mouth very efficiently. We did the banana for about 4 days and didnt see any ill effects, so I decided to try some avocado...that one, he didnt love so much. Made a disgusted face and spit it out. I didnt give it much thought, just figured wed try that again later and mashed up some banana him. He took a couple bites, but just wasnt interested. And thats how its been since, he isnt interested in solids now, and hes EXTREMELY clingy and ornery, gets very very mad when he gets put down. Hes also not breastfeeding well now...he'll latch for a.couple minutes and then turn his head away and fuss. He threw up a lot of milk yesterday, but I dont really know whether or not to consider that out of the ordinary since he was quite the puker before solids. He doesnt have a temperature, and I cant find.any rashes or anything.

Any ideas on whats going on?

Comments

• How's his bowel movements? You have to be careful with bananas because to much can cause constipation. That's really all that comes to mind? If his poop it's normal my advise is back off trying to give him solids for a few days. Hope things work out for you!
  • That may be it...weve stopped doing solids for a bit, and the last few days the only poop he had was a little squirt in his diaper. Today he had his first serious poo...and man, it STANK. Not baby poop now, this is gross solid food poop, lol.

So does anybody know of foods that I can feed him that wont cause constipation?
  • My baby is the same! We've been giving.her (well been trying ) to.feed her cereal and veggies. She does well sometimes and other times she's like whatever. But I have noticed that she has been doing the same thing! Everytime I put her down she cries and rolls around. She's been pooping fine and regular so I doubt she's constipated. But its like having a clingy newborn all over again!
  • Hm. I wonder if it could just be the effect of him hitting a major milestone. Hes got a doctors appt tomorrow, Ill let you know what he says. @kayleigh27
  • So thats exactly what the doctor said--Daniel got a taste of independence and now he wants his mommy.

And then he told me to feed him more fiber, lol.
  • I give my 5mo old prunes when she's constipated and within a few hours she's back on track. How old is your son?
  • U can give him some water also