Babyfathers locked up

edited September 2011 in First time moms
How do I cope with everything and my new born baby

Comments

• Take it one breathe at a time then go to one day at a time! Pray.
  • If u don't mind Me asking for what??? Does he know how long he's getting
  • My husband is going back to prison, looking at 20 yrs. I'm divorcing him. But I know youre struggles. If you ever need to talk you can inbox me. Keep praying!
  • Hes been un there since I was about 2 months pregnant but hopefully he keep up the work and get out november
  • My bd was in jail my whole first trimester, it was really hard on me. Stay strong mamma :)
  • My hubby has gone to jail in the past. It was very hard on me without kids. I couldnt imagine doing it with a newborn. There are woman who do it. Write him daily, send pictures, and make sure he writes and calls as much as possible. Visit when you can. Don't over extend yourself financially if you can't afford to give him money, visit, etc don't do it. Surround yourself with friends and find actives to keep you busy. The time will start to pass.
  • My 1st bbydad went to prison when my daughter was 7months old, and he's still locked up n she is now 5yrs old... I moved on bcuz me n him we're having so much problems, I took my girl to see him on her 1st bday she cried for him to hold her, she was reachn out for him n of course couldn't touch him she hit her head on the glass n it broke my heart n I told myself I wouldn't let her see him til she was old enough to understand... everytime she asked about him I gave her pics of him n her, nd she talked to him on the phone whenevr he called. She went to see him 2 weekends ago, and she loved it, she loves her dad.. my current boyfriend helpd me raise her n she calls him dad too.. so its a hardship to deal wit but u will get through it jst remain strong for ur daughter nd allow her the oppurtunity to knw him as much as possible by pics, stories, phone etc..
  • Write I'm sorry to hear that....i appreciate you guys