potty training boys

edited February 2011 in Parenting
I wanted to know when is a good time to potty train I got the potty but my son just doesn't stay on it for long his 2 years n 2 months old now he takes his diaper off sometimes my husband goes in the bathroom my son wants to watch him pee I want to know when u started potty training ur boys n wat did u do to get them to keep goin to the potty

Comments

• Hes ready thats ehen I trained my son just took his nappy n told him he was a big boy, if he weed on the floor which he did alot I would show him it was wong then take him 2yo the toilet n tell him wees go in the toilet didn't take that long no problems now :) goodluck
  • I have 2boys one did it at 2 months from 3 yrs old and the other one did it at 3 1/2 yrs. They went commando and drank a lot of liquids. A few accidents but not bad. Poop was harder. They would hold it bcuz they were afraid to push on the potty. Be consistent that is important! I did a sticker chart they got a prize for a week full of stickers. Really get into it. My first one needed the encourage more than the second one though.
  • I've been wondering that also. I have 2 girls and they were vert easy. My son is only 18 months old but still wakes up wet. I think ill wait until he starts waking up dry. Otherwise id be wasting my time. These last 18 months have gone by so fast already even with the new baby due in may it saddens me to think of my baby growing up!! Good luck with the training!!!!
  • I have 2 boys started the older one at 18 months took 6 nonths he went comando while at home abd started my other son bout 19months doing the same thing put the material training pants on when u go out there less likely to pee compared to a pullup and a pull up at night once u take diapers of them and go into pull ups do not revert back to diapers. Make sure to gold star them or a treat when they do sit on the potty or pee hope that helps