:'( feeling sad week after birth

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Today ive been feeling sad over thoughts. Im happy I am a mother but for some reason I feel alone, and want to cry. My bf works all day and tonight texts me hes comming home late I hate being home all day and waiting for him. Ifeel like him and I are gonna be chAnged by time apart. I dont want himto lose sight of me, ihate my body though it went back to normAL. I feel skinnier and my boobs are smaller I look like a flat board. I hate feeling like this.

Comments

• Give your body time to readjust before judging it and hating it. Its been through an enormous change of hormones etc and it takes time to settle again.
    I know how you feel about being alone, its hard I hate it when my partner isnt around but I keep in mind he works so hard so he can provide for all of us.
    Goodluck sweetie, just remember it takes time to adjust to a new baby, lifestyle and body xox
  • Its probably just the hormones I would cry over little things like when my boyfriend would leave for work because I missed him, but I would ask someone who has had pp depression how they knew when it crossed that line into depression. Best of luck to you! Hope you feel better soon
  • @tink1326 thanks I hope it doesnt last long, I find myself tearing up. I do agree yes men work hard to support us but I would rather him here. I dont want to wrry bout money either
  • i felt like that when i first came home too :[
    it'll be okay
    you just gotta keep telling yourself that everythings gonna be okay
    and my guy works alot aswell but when he comes home he does what he can so i can take
    break but he only works alot so we can live well
    so remember that! :]
  • @lalalorree the baby blues are normal after you have the baby. Lots of hormonal changes make you feel all kinds of emotions. Do you have friends who could come visit with you or family? Having people around to get you through the lonely times really helps. Even getting outside and taking baby for a walk can make you feel a little better because you aren't so isolated. Good luck hon! Xoxo
  • Your hormones do crazy things after a baby... I remember bawling my eyes out because I couldn't find my slippers once when my son was about a week old. Maybe try going on some womens vitamins, might help perk you up a bit...
  • @lindah22 @rtmommy @tinka1326
    Thanks guys for advice. In goibg crazy and luckily tomoorow my 2 best friends are dtiving 5 hours to spend the weekend witg me. Hopefully this helps but im scared for next week. Might be worse
  • The transition with hormones is hard. I ended up with terrible ppd with my son which is why I learned from my past mistakes. Next time I wont isolate myself like I did with him. I'm glad your friends are coming ;)
  • i know exactly how you feel .. i felt that way after i had my first two and i expect to go through it this time.. but its only been a wk.. try to keep your focus on your baby.. and your relationship usually does change a lil when the baby comes.. but in my experience.. its an adjustment period.. your both getting into the grove of things.. give it some time and try and reach out to friends.. so your not so lonely.. i get lonely all the time and then it makes me feel needy.. i hate it.. morning walks always boost my mood.. if you can go for a short walk .. good luck and i hope you feel better soon.. my first i had ppd.. bad but it wasnt that bad the second time.. cause i knew what to look for and reached out for help not to mention my relationship was much more stable..
  • My husband said everynight by 845 I would cry....not sure why that time but I would! Over anything...feeling alone ..guilty that I was having problems breastfeeding ...missing my husband...anything!!! I think its normal...lots if hormones! !!
  • I would always be upset after I had my daughter. Seemed like I was always on edge. At night I had terrible anxiety that she would be kidnapped. I knew it was a slim chance but I still thought it. I started to talk to my pychriatrist and started to do light exercise and that helped me alot. %%- your body is just going crazy with hormones, it'll straightned itself out
  • I'm 10 days pp,and I'm dealing with healing from a c section. I have some nerve damage that is causing a lot of pain too. My hubby works all day and I can barely walk so were staying with my parents,and my mom is helping me so much,but I feel down. It's like I'm handi capped and its really depressing me. I just try and focus on my beautiful son,otherwise who knows what would happen.
  • @babiescomin2011 @claudia25 @kayleigh27 @augustbaby @lae3 @RTMommy
    Im glad im not the only one experincing these emotions. I really feel like you guys when my bf leaves for work and i start to feel sad over missing him. Sucks the most when he tells you he has to work one day on the weekend for a couple hours. I was really hoping to get a break during the night from the baby..and spending the whole weekend with him :(
  • I had the baby blues and would cry all the time. I also would get so irritated with my husband. I'm 4 1/2 wks pp and j think its finally going away. I now feel better about being alone while my hubby is at work for 10+ hrs. I'm also getting a little bit more sleep.
    I think being alone, lack of sleep, exhaustion, and hormones are all to blame for my month of sadness and bitchyness.
    Just try to get as much help and take time for you. It was super hard for me because we have no family here so the only time I got was when my husband came home he would let me nap and shower.
  • i went through the same thing, my bf works 12 to 18 hour days everyday and i was going crazy, i went through a huge bout of depression and was this close to telling my doctor i needed help. i was super stressed out. being a single mom so to say. i also hated my body! i had stretchmarks everywhere when i had hardly any my whole pregnancy, the linea negra is hideous, and i had a pooch, i wouldnt even wear just a bra around my bf. it took a good 2 to 3 weeks to feel normal and be ok with everything
  • edited September 2011
    @lalalorree do you have family close? Are your friends there to visit now? I know it's hard to get time to yourself with a new baby, but honestly, I literally slept when my son did the first couple months. Naps made me a more patient mom. Where are you from? If you were close, I'd totally help you from time to time when you needed a rest or just some adult conversation. When all I have is my 3 year old around, I go a little nuts. ;)
  • Aww im sorry u feel like this I am going through something similar. Constantly crying and feeling alone and unimportant. I have been just writing down,my feelings and resting. Good luck mama