aargh...3.45am...waters broke?

edited September 2011 in Labor
I'm Sat on the edge of my bed with a towel folded underneath me. I've been for a wee but, every now and then when I move, more liquid trickles out. I know it sounds stupid but never had my waters break naturally b4 so not sure if I'm just struggling to hold my urine overflow (tmi) or it is in fact my waters?? Bd has just caught some of the liquid in a glass. It looks white tinged with bits??? Vernix? Not had a contraction tho since I woke up (30min) Please help??? X

Comments

• They will start soon. Sounds like if water. It's baby time! Congratulations hun!
  • Did it smell like urin?
    When my water broke it honestly smelled like sweet seamen to me.
    If it doesn't smell like pee then its possibly your water.
    How far along are you and are you haveing a normal pregnancy? If you are full term and having a healhty pregnancy I would suggest waiting at home and see if you can get contractions going.
    Good luck momma!
  • Oh, some tips if you chose to stay at home until you get contractions going.
    Drink lots of water, your body will continue to replenish the water as it is leaking out so you need to stay very hydrated, and pee often. Don't stick anything up there now.
    Ways to get contractions going, walking, hot shower, resting in bed laying on your left side.
  • Bd has smelt it (I can't tell :-( ) and can't specify either way. I'm overdue by 7 days so I'm inclined to think it is waters but, expected contractions. Got to phone other people and get them outta bed to watch my other two children so really wanna be sure b4 making my way to delivery. Feel awful waking everyone up unnecessarily.
  • Sounds like it may be your water good luck :) keep us updated
  • I would say its your water. Good luck
  • Right... will try some of those. Feel daft. Thought it'd be obvious :-) Haha. Thanks for the tips @littlefae
    Anyone else had waters break minus contractions? I've always had them popped for me just before pushing! New experience :-D
  • edited September 2011
    :/ :/ been an hour since I woke up now... still no contractions :-< confusing. I've had a walk around, drank lots of water and I am now on my left side...waiting. wanna get a shower really but, will wake the kids :-S !
  • I did an I went to hospital where they confirm its water then came back home to wait for contractions!
  • Oh... so best thing at this time (UK 4:45am) is to just wait at home u think. Not getting everyone up m excited. How long before your contractions got started? @pretty_princess01
  • You need to go in and figure out if its ur water or not.. Because if it was they will induce you because of risk of infection. Sometimes your water can break and you wont start contracting. It does happen. :)
  • No, you don't need to run in the risk of infection is next to none for the first 24 to 48 hours as long as you don't stick anything up there.
    When woman go to the dr, the drs check by inserting their fingers and so on into the vagina introducing bacteria. It is best to wait at home.
    If you are still waiting and no contractions I would say just go to bed and try to get some sleep now.
  • My water broke at 3:10am and had lil white bits in it to yes it was vernix and my contraction didn't start for almost 4 hours then had her 3 hours after they started good luck momma!!
  • Well I'm starting to feel like period cramps are here now but, no definite contractions as such. It's now 6am and I'm Sat on folded towels watching the Murray trial update on tv :-) I'm defo convinced its my waters now... just waiting for labour. YEY!!!!!!!! my babys a comin!! Only a week late. Haha. Just gonna wait for more definite pain and a more reasonable hour for waking my sister :-) thanks for all your advice and wish me luck!! Hope its a quick one!! :-D @littlefae was gonna go to get sleep but, my 8yr old daughter woke up 10mins ago and excited isn't the word! Bless her.

Tiring day ahead

@samiuk looks like our lil ones will be sharing a birthday! Good look for your induction today. Hope it goes quickly for u hun. Labour dust.
  • (*) @mommyof8 Aww thanks... that's what I thought but, wanted to be sure :-) thanks for the luck. hope mine comes as quickly as that :-) the other two were lloooonng labours. fingers crossed. will keep u all updated.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No I had to go to the hospital for them to check it was my waters, then uve got 24 hours to go into labour naturally other wise they induce u because of risk of infection. My waters broke at 6am I was checked at half 8 am, and was back on the labour ward by 3pm with contractions that were 1-2 mins apart. Had my little girl at 23.54 that night!
  • Woohoo!! My waters broke with my first and labour didn't start I ended up being induced to get labour started to stop infection risk on the third day. Hopefully you are starting by yourself, good luck hun!!! (*)
  • Well, I'm at the delivery suite. Contractions 5min apart. It's really busy so Sat in a waiting room!! Good job I have a high pain threshold!!!
  • My water and I didn't have contractions for another 12 hours so idk hun. But I'm a ftm.
  • Yey, good luck hun xx
  • Oh man!! Don't envy you in this heat, I hope its well air conned!! X
  • Not in this room it ain't! Waiting for a del room! Packed here and I'm less than 4min apart!
  • Good luck momma!!!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2011
    Didn't get a del room until 7 mins b4 she arrived!!! Nearly had her in the corridor!! That's right preglys!! I've had a beautiful baby girl.7lb14oz @3.50pm UK time October the 1st. No name yet but, debating Ava Sue Chambers?? Gonna sleep on it :-) tis now 9pm and everyone has only just left. Hopefully sleepy time zzzz thanks everyone for ur advice and labour dust ****
    Much appreciated! And I managed without the pain relief again...just!! Proud of myself tho... really didn't think I would :-) YEY!!!!
  • edited October 2011
    Didn't get a del room until 7 mins b4 she arrived!!! Nearly had her in the corridor!! That's right preglys!! I've had a beautiful baby girl.7lb14oz @3.50pm UK time October the 1st. No name yet but, debating Ava Sue Chambers?? Gonna sleep on it :-) tis now 9pm and everyone has only just left. Hopefully sleepy time zzzz thanks everyone for ur advice and labour dust ****
    Much appreciated! And I managed without the pain relief again...just!! Proud of myself tho... really didn't think I would :-) YEY!!!!
  • @SAMIUK hope your induction was successful and swift!! Big hugs Xxx
  • Congrats mummy!!