smoking

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 5 wks 3 days I have two boys already I didn't smoke cigs with them.. this is my third pregnancy and I smoke I'm trying to quit but its very hard I smoke about four to five cigs a day can I have a misscarrage because of smoking.. my sister smoked with all three her kids they just had jonduce please tell me some info

Comments

• I read smoking causes low birth weight but the sooner you quit the better. Best of luck and congrats!
  • so I wont lose the baby because of smoking. the only reason I started is because all of my youngest sons medical problems it was a lot to handle smoking just made it better I'm trying to quit trust me..
  • Maybe not a miscarriage but your baby will be vary sick when he or she gets older with ear ache an a lot of breathing problems
  • I'm not sure if it will cause a miscarriage but at the same time I'm not a doc either. A lot of miscarriages terminate on their own due to chromosomal abnormalities and is usually not the fault of the mother unless she undergoes some physical trauma
  • OK.. I go to my first dctor app on March tenth I'm going to see if they can give me something to help me quit.. have u guys ever did the Chinese gender predictor thing and it be right?? I want a girl so bad it says ill have a girl it was right with both my boys
  • Never tried it but at the same time I already know what I'm having lol a boy and its my first:-) good luck and best wishes!
  • @tiffany11: I feel ya on the smoking thing. It's SO hard to just quit. My cousin's fiance did it cold turkey the very day she found out she was preggers. I was like you at first, smoking like 3-5 a day, down from a pack a day pre-pregnancy. Keeping a bag of lolly-pops handy helped me a ton. I would pop one in my mouth anytime I felt a cigarette craving. Best of luck & congratulations! :)
  • I smoked with my daughter n she was fine 6lbs 8oz she's alnost 6 now n has no medical issues I am smoking with this pregnancy also ive known plenty of smoking moms n none of them lost their children or had health issues