c- section

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
OK ladies my first son I had him vaginaly my second c-section my c-section scare is half way gone can I have this baby vagenaly or will I have to get another c - section

Comments

• I have had 2 c sections and from what my physician has told me is that it would be the safest way to go since i've already had 2. But since you only had one it would more then likely be up to your physician and he/she might even let u decide. All drs are different. But this is something you should definatley discuss as your one appointment
  • ill ask them.. since this is my bf first I want him to experience the vaginal way LOL and his mom wants to be in the room
  • If your youngest I's over 2 at time of delivery you should be fine 2 have natural birth
  • I know a few peope who have had v backs. The risks are extremely low. like 1%. C sections to get more dangerous every time. Most Dr wont tell you that though, they make a ton off c sections and its quick. Not to say there aren't times where they truly are needed. I would do some re search though. One co worker I know had a c section then two vaj births. She had to switch ob's because hers wouldn't let her do a v back. So she went to someone who would.
  • Kmose77 how do you know drs mke a ton off c sections?
  • my son is 2yrs in 3 months old so he will be almost three when this baby is born
  • and yes lot of doctors do c section s to make process go much faster I loved my c section no pushing no nothing it was amazing
  • It depends entirely on what direction your uterus was cut and what the reason was for the c-section. If you have a vertical scar on your uterus they will not let you deliver vaginal, there is a huge risk the old incision will reopen and cause internal bleeding. If a medical condition caused your last c-section then your doctor may feel its safer than vaginal.

I had my son via c-section due to preeclampsia and his heart rate dropping. I will have to deliver this one the same way...
  • About how much drs make- google it. Some drs make more, but the operating room alone costs twice as much as a vag delivery. Then there's the anesthesia, the neonatal team, and post op care. The more work the dr has to do, the more they make. Hospitals charge different rates in different areas, that's why google may be your best bet in finding out how much in your area.
  • well they cut below my belly. and I have no medical problems my youngest son was born with spine problems and kidney problems so they wanted me to deliver c section so his spine didn't get even more messed up.. of this baby is healthy then I should have the okay to Hagemann a vag delivery
  • The outside scar doesn't always mean the inside one is in the same direction. If it is the same doctor who delivered your last baby they should know which way you were cut. Tell him you really would like a natural birth and see if there are any options he can offer you. I know how you feel cuz I wanted a natural birth with this baby too but I will more than likely only be able to carry past 25 to 30 weeks so this one has to be c-section. ): good luck!!
  • my c section scare is completely gone so hopefully I. an.. they did an amazing job
  • That's good! Mine wasn't cauterized all the way and I bled out inside so they had to reopen it and let it close on its own! I had an open stomach wound for 6weeks after baby was born. It was awful!! I am praying that doesn't happen again this time. I hope you can have a natural birth so you can get home to your other babies sooner!! (: