Inviting People... Depressing!

edited October 2011 in Baby showers
I feel pretty crappy right now. I think I have a list of people to invite done. But looking at who I have on Facebook that live near me, and who I invited... it makes me feel like I need to invite everyone.

I'm afraid of no one showing up. I invited everyone on my FB to my 21st birthday last Feb, and even had our roommate invite people, and a few of his friends RSVP'd, but no one showed up.

And then given that I didn't invite EVERYONE near me, I'm afraid people will be perturbed by the fact that I didn't invite them.

Let's be honest here, I don't hang out with anyone. I just stay at home. I don't get invited to do things, and haven't in awhile, and I feel like, as I add people to my list, these are all people that I haven't seen at all since I've been pregnant. I feel like I'm going to send invites out and "hope" these people want to come. I feel like I'm gonna get bogus excuses like, "I'm busy that day," or, "It's too far away."

Just stressed, I guess. I was never planning on having a shower for this reason. My fiancee's friend's wife wanted to throw it for me, and fiancee's step mom is hosting. And we need all the help we can get for what baby needs. I feel like I'd be more comfortable if BD was able to be there. He has to work. I feel like if anyone DOES go, it's because I'm a spectacle. I'm just the girl who's pregnant.

I'm even feeling crappy about inviting my sister. I don't know if she'll come. I really thought that being pregnant would be something we could bond over and be closer again, but I've really only seen her maybe 5 times since I've been pregnant.

Okay, gonna cry myself to sleep. I needed to kinda vent. My hormones have been way out of whack the last couple days. Sorry...

Comments

• This always happens to me.i have my sisters baby shower this w/e n I hope ppl turn up really.sux all the best xx
  • Just invite all u can at least u tryed that would b one excuss they cant use that u didnt invite them
  • edited October 2011
    @roxy Yeah.

I just hope, if anyone feels this way, they don't show to my face, "Why the heck did she invite me?"

Ugh. I'll have to talk it over with BD's step mom. Maybe she'll make me feel better about it.
  • Im scared about this also my bby shower is on the 8th I have no idea who will show up. We invited about 30 and im only sure of about 9 comin 4sure :/
  • edited October 2011
    @kris100717 Here's hoping it works out. :)

BD's step mom scheduled it for the 29th. I don't think she knows how many Halloween parties there are the Saturday before Halloween...

Yippee..! :(