Graco Pack n Play - Question

I have a Graco Pack n Play that comes with the changing table and newborn napper. This one to be exact..:

http://www.target.com/p/Graco-Newborn-Napper-Pack-n-Play-Kinsey/-/A-12327398

My question is.. Should my soon to be newborn sleep in the napper until he grows out of it? I'm confused because most Crib mattresses are firm. This napper has no support at all. My first thought is, I wonder if that would hurt? Wonder if it's bad for his back.
Should the baby be laying flat and should I have the baby sleep in the all flat part of the pack n play? Orrr does that come later.. We're going to have the pack n play set up in our bedroom so the baby can sleep in there for the first few weeks, before moving to the crib.

Yeah.. I don't get it. Looks like a good napper like they say, but I don't know about sleeping in all the time?

Comments

• My son slept in it 70% of the time. I breastfed so he slept with me some. I like it I feel like is craddles them. I never thought about mattresses being hard and this being soft :-/ my son is fine. But that doesn't mean it was ok for him to sleep in... Idk. Bump. Hope you get good answers :)
  • I hv a pack and play w the napper. almost like the same one u have but we purchased ours @ babys r us... But I planned on hv n the baby sleep in the napper until he grows out of it and then hv him sleep in the mattress part. What I did was bought an Eddie bauer mattress cover that is exactly for the hard part and it makes it so much better.. so maybe u should try to buy one.. I hear from a lot of moms the baby loves it. :-)
  • @babynumber02 Thanks for the feedback. That's really what I wanted to know.. if somebody had used it and had no problem. I've read a few more reviews and it seems harmless for the baby to sleep in it.

@michellebz07 I think that'll be my game plan too.. Napper to mattress part to the crib in his nursery. Was the mattress cover like a mini mattress? Or just like a padded fitted sheet? That sounds like a good idea since theres hardly any padding on the mattress of the pack n play.
  • I have the same exact one and used it for both my kids. I never used the newborn napper. Both slept on the regular mattress with a play yard sheet on it.
  • @ alilboulding Yes it is a fitted sheet..and its padded enough where it makes baby comfortable..( I heard lol).. I can't wait til my lil man gets here so he can try it out. :-)
  • @michellebz07 where did you buy the padded fitted sheet :)
  • @babynumber02 We bought ours at Burlingtons.. but there are some at babys r us and also Target..:-)
  • I have the exact same pack n play just in different colors cause I'm having a girl n I am planning on having her sleep in the napper till she grows out of it. I read a lot of reviews and 90% of moms said their babies LOVED it! :)
  • I have the same one, just in pink, and my 13 day old daughter sleeps in the napper every night. During the day, she sleeps in a bassinet in the living room.
  • I have the one with the Napper. And my daughter sleeps in it every night...never had an issue with her sleeping in it. It doesn't have much support on the bottom, so I put a blanket under the Napper to make it more comfy.