not sure what to do

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
Tomorrow I'm going in for a scheduled c section and I have to decide what last name I'm going to give my little girl mine or my bf I really don't want her to have his but I feel like if I don't give her his its going to start a problem between us or make things different I hate feeling pressured into this and I want to be excited about having my little girl but I all I can worry about is this

Comments

• What about hyphenated last name?
  • Give bubs your name and if you ever marry your bf change bubs name... If it was a boy I would see more why he would get upset but as your having a girl one day she will marry and probably take her husbands name anyway
  • @babyinblack682 we talked about hyphenating it and he doesn't like the idea.
  • @tinka1326 i said the same thing to him but he says he doesn't feel like a father to her unless she has his name
  • If u dont mind can I ask why you dont want her to have his last name?
  • Well then he sounds like he doesnt quite get the concept of being a dad... You could call her potato head banana hamock... He is still her daddy...
  • I'm sure this is a hard decision. I've always said if I were to get pregnant and not be married to baby's father I would give the baby my last name. **Not saying this is going to happen to you** but you so many times you see a mom give the baby the dad's last name and then the dad disappear and baby wonder why its last name is different. I'd give it mine then if you & BF get married, change baby's last name when you change yours.
    Good luck with your decision!
  • @mybambina28 well its kind of a long story. I had a son with a previous relationship and gave my son his last name his dad happens to choose drugs and moving away then to be a father. He still fought with me for visitation even thou when he got it he never visited him just about two months ago I got my sons last name changed to mine and the only reason they granted it to me was because he never showed up to fight it. I know my new bf shouldn't be blamed for a old ones actions but he wasn't so supportive either of this pregnancy. He wanted me to get a abortion and treated me like shit also hid being on drugs and heavily addicted to the for almost a year. How u didn't know you asked because for a year we were hardly together and that's one of the reason he treated me like such shit so about 3 months ago he came around got off drugs and moved in with me. Everything has been good but that doesn't reasure me it won't happen again a month or two down the road
  • With that I would go with ur name & if in the future u want to change it the option is there. A few months isnt a long time to prove them selves..best of luck sweetie & keep in mind theres no right or wrong solution.
  • I would give him my last name until I got married. Then I'd change it.
  • It's a long process to change a last name, just think about that too.

My husbands cousin did it, and it took forever!
  • I thank u ladies to much for advice
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Def give her your last name, he is undeserving until he proves himself further