c section cut *pic incluede* warning

edited October 2011 in Postpartum Health
My doctor decided it would be best to the classical cut so I was cut from belly button to pubic line. At lest 25 staples. The shocking part is I don't feel that bad, with in a few hours I was up walking the halls. Other then 2 Morton no pain meds. just a little hard getting up and down. if I had to do it over again I would.
Photobucket

Comments

• Whers the pic? An jus curious why did ur dr decide to cut u that way??
  • y he decide that/? I hd a c sec a month ago n next time I'm doing that again It was not bad @ all !!
  • Why did you have to get a classical cut?
  • I'm so glad I got dermabond on my incision lol the staples look scary
  • Ouchie!!!!!!
  • She said because of my size, and the way my placenta was
    @breewashington08 can you not see it? here's the link
  • Man that looks painful I am so scared of the fact of a c section I know I would cry if they told me I had to have one..
  • It was covered until I went to take a shower @kcike812 I was shocked when I saw it
  • I feel good, hardly any bleeding, the c section is no where near as bad as I thought it would be. @jenoah
  • I've nevr seen a incision like that. I mean I knew they cut that way but mine is horizontal.an my csection was 2yrs ago so I can't evn see my scar nomore. Glad ur feelin good tho I was a mess aftr my sectioon I cldnt move or nthn :(
  • The scar will match the stretch marks lol @breewashington08
  • Mine faded pretty well. I would take grape seed oil to prevent scar tissue. If you do decide to do that you need to go to an herbalist or an organic store to the the right kind plus rubbing grape seed oil on it will help with the scaring on the outside. Despite it being vertical it looks good. The cut is clean and the skin isn't puckered where the stapled you. I think the doctor did a pretty good job
  • Thanks I might have to try the oil. I don't know what they should look like so us good to know it was done right, I didn't know if the curve @mama_luvs_her_girls
  • I have two c section scars. And yes, yours looks good and should heal with minimal scaring
  • You said he chose classical because of your size? What size would that be? I've never heard that as a deciding factor.
  • I never seen one like that. It looks painful.
  • Wow,I had to have a classic cut also but mine looks totally different! I had to have one because I had an emergency section and they had very little time to get him out and that was the fastest way. I got dissolvable staples that I can feel but can't see. I'll post a pic tomorrow
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Here is mine. The pink line is the section scar and it ends at my panty line. My doctor said once its healed it shouldn't be visable. Let's hope!
  • edited October 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had my son September 8th. Thanks everyone keeps saying that it looks great but I'm still having a hard time accepting my tummy being scarred :/ @2BeForgotten
  • I don't know....I got my tubes tied so that won't be a problem for me lol. (This was our 4th and last!) @2BeForgotton
  • C sections aren't as bad as they seem I got the bikini cut no staples
  • @2beforgotten my doc said she was able to do it where I could do a vbac if I wanted
    @sdubois yours looks really good hope mine turns out that way
  • Compared to my moms urs looks amazing she's had three classical c sections
  • @mschop lol ur stretch marks will fade to girl! Also I love ur default pic! I wana get smhn like that done. I love intimate photos like that
    @sdubois ur scar looks amazing. Really. I understand why ur havin a hard time with it since its right ther in a visible area but its faded so well so far. Anyway girl wher that badge of honor! U got a beautiful baby outa that...litterally lol :)