finally had sex, now im bleeding again wtf!!!! *update*

edited October 2011 in Postpartum Health
I'm 8 1/2 wks pp and I only had a small tear and 3 stitches. Me and my bf had sex for the first time yesterday. It was ridiculously painful (even though we used lube), I bled afterwards, and have been spotting ever since. I'm calling my midwife tomorrow, but has this happened to anyone else??

Comments

• Im 3 weeks pp and i got my bleeding down to a lite spotting every couple days. I wanted to wear a cute outfit so i tried a tampon...very uncomfortable so i took it out within 5 mins..next thing u kno im bleedin regular again. That was a week ago n im still off n on bleeding =/
  • I did that too. Its normal bc your "back to normal again you had a foreign object in there so to speak lol. I blead after each one of mine and I waited forever with my first two and last one. Good luck hun.
  • @lafiitz89 that's the weird thing though I stopped bleeding like a month ago..
  • @momofsoontobe7 I'm not sure what you mean? :/
  • Me...tho I waited till my bleeding stopped at three weeks post. I had sexn bled bright red. :( I was scared but didn't tell my doc.lmk what it might be....
  • @myheartzx3 did it hurt?? I can't believe how bad it hurt after all this time. I'm terrified to try again :( I feel ruined.
  • Hmmm.. I'm 6 wks pp, stopped bleeding and had sex at 4 wks pp it didn't hurt and I didn't bleed after. This is my 2nd baby
  • Ahhh! Now you guys have scared me out of sex :/ i have my 6 wk pp check up tomorrow and i had stitches from an episiotomy so i havent had sex at all... i was looking forward to trying tomorrow night now idk if i want to
  • it didn't hurt..idk if I ripped my stitches or what but I bled alot. I didn't notice till afterwards that I was bleeding
  • Oh and I also tore and got 2 stitches
  • @lily_glz ugh I feel like there's something wrong with me!
  • @lily_glz ugh I feel like there's something wrong with me!
  • I did wait til my stitches came out on their own before I had sex idk if that makes a difference
  • @lily_glz well they told me the stitches would dissolve after ten days and at my pp check up she said I was all healed. It's been 2 months since I had my baby so I figured everything would be ok.
  • Yea I would think so too.. weird
  • So I had an appt today with my midwife and she checked me out. Everything is healed but she said its very irritated and dry "in there". Lol.I guess sometimes when you breastfeed your body doesn't produce a lot of estrogen so it messes up the balance of things. So now I gotta use this cream down there until I'm done nursing :( they usually only give it to ladies who have gone through menopause lol I feel like a broken old lady!!