is My Son....?

edited October 2011 in Babies Health
Gettinq Thrush? I Have Seen Some Posts About & Gott Curious To Watt Is Was, So i Goggled It ! & Now i Look In My Sons Mouth & i Think He Has It ! Ima Schedule An Appointment Tomorrow Morninq To Make Sure, & If He Does I Wanna Catch Where Its Not So Bad & Hurtinq Him ! Heres 2 Pictures ! Anythinq Advice Would Help :)

thrush2

thrush1

Comments

• that doest look like thrush at all...its white my son has it bad but meds r clearning it up
  • edited October 2011
    Its possible. I caught my daughters really early, when it was just on tongue, but the pics do look a little similar. They say if your baby is bottle fed to give them a little water in a bottle and see if that washes the white away
  • @LaFiiTz89 Well Wen i Googled It, It Said it Would Look Like Cottaqe Cheese, & i Have No Idea Watt Thatt Looks Like? Lol :P
    @EiralynnesMommy He's 3 Weeks Old, How Much Can i Give Him?
  • Its like white chunks..its a yeast infection of the mouth but it dnt look like thrush to me
  • I wouldn't do much, maybe Like 1/2 ounce to 1 ounce at the most.
  • Thats how my daughters lookd she jus has it couple weeks she had 3 little spots on her bottom lip an the next morning was already on her top none anywhere else . Good thing u caught it early the med they gave my daughter Startd clearing hers up that same day good thang cuz her mouth was already getn sore .
  • My daughter has that. Got it checked, and she was normal.
  • edited October 2011
    It could be the start of thrush. Thrush is very painful and will cause them to not eat as much and be fussy during or after feedings. I would have the pediatrician look at it b/c my daughter got thrush several times and it looked like that when it started. Nystatin will clear it up in a couple days.
  • Looks normal but trust your instincts and ask the pediatrician better hearing "why did You bring him here?" Then "you should of come in sooner."

But seriously he looks fine.
  • Looks normal! Thrush is heavy thick white and usually on tongue!!
  • Thanks Everyone :)
  • Ya that looks great! Prolly just milk residue. Thrush is patches of white yeast chunks. When it gets bad it looks furry and babies tongue can crack open and bleed and get sore. Also babies with thrush have pain when they eat. They will take a few sucks from breast/bottle and scream out in pain. But have ur pediatrician look just to ease ur fears hun :)
  • That's what my sons gums looked like 2 days before the Dr put him on Meds. I looked in his mouth and thought o that's from his formula. Then over the next two days it got a brighter white and spread to his tongue. Just watch it till you get baby to the Dr. It may be nothing, but its nice to hear that from a Dr.
  • that actually looks normal to me.. but thats just me i dont have a PHD.. good luck