I gained 40 lbs during my pregnancy...

edited October 2011 in First time moms
And my Nyla is one week old & ive loss 30 lbs :) im so happy lol wat about u ladies that already gave birth? Have a good day ladies :)

Comments

• On my 8week visit I weighed 98pounds
    On the day I had Rylie, September 12th, I weighed 141pounds!!
    Yesterday I weighed 111 pounds! haha, I can't believe how big I got and how almost back to normal I am now lol. I wasn't even trying to loose the weight, but so thankful I did(:
  • I was 105 pre pregnancy, 135 at the end of my pregnancy, now I'm 117.. got a couple more lbs to go but almost there!
  • I gained 40 as well and my son is 4 weeks old...I've lost (according to home scale) 20 of it. I still have 40 to go before I'm back to where I want to be.
  • Omg reading this made me feel alot better b4 pregnancy I weighed 145 and im 5'6 and i've gained 32 lbs with this preg im 35wks and applied for wic yesterday and she told me to slow my weight gain dwn that im not susposed to gain over 29lbs! I told her my dr told me I was to gain about 35 and she said well we all use the same chart so im not sure where he got that number! But n e ways I feel better knowing I can lose it and im not the only one to gain 30+ lbs
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lindseynicole26 that sounds great to me losing weight u aint trying to lol thas awesome :)

@lily_glz ull be there soon. R u breastfeeding? It helps u lose weight too :)

@mam082711 20 is still alot of weight u lost & it takes time :) I guess just eat right & workout. I was in the hospital for a week after my daughter was born & I had gd n was on a low carb diet n it helped me lose weight also n im keeping it up :)
  • My son is almost 3 weeks and I've lost 25lbs. I'm also breastfeeding exclusively. I didn't knw it cld make u shed lbs so fast!
  • @kris100717 awe im glad I can make u feel better. Yes I had 40 & hubby said I would only drop ten & I was gona stay a big girl. I was 200 & I was 240 & now 210. Im 5'6. But nobody not even my doc could tell me to slow my role on wat to eat, this was my first pregnancy I wana enjoy my cravings as long as baby was healthy I didnt care how much I gained :) & good luck hun. Just b happy

@lmelanson girl, I was on a low carb diet & that was it & I think its bc about out of the 7 days I was in the hospital 3 of those days I couldnt eat or drink n my stomach shrank. I was always hooked on to iv & stuff so I guess thas how I lost 30 in a week. My hubby cant beieve it. My stomach is almost gone still a lil flabby lol in the front. Hubby likes to pinch it lol but I guess just eat light n have more meals & snacks so u dont over eat when u do eat a meal.
  • @kris100717 the charts they use are for ideal people aka the barbie doll types, not real people lol Before I hurt my back I was 160 and that's textbook obese for 5'6". I did NOT look obese in fact I was very toned and a size 12. Ideal textbook weight for 5'6" is something like 125lbs and if I weighed 125 I would look skeletal and like I had an eating disorder. After I hurt my back (and prepregnancy weight) I was 180 still textbook obese but I began to look chunky and moved to size 16. So according to those charts I should've gained 15 lbs. My doctor said the weight I gained was perfectly fine and was never concerned.
  • I was breast feeding but stopped at 3 weeks. Now I'm stuck at 117 :(
  • @breewashington08 yes girl but isnt it great? And im pumping alot also bc im leaking like crazy. My shirts be having wet spots n im like wth lol
  • @lily_glz ohh y did u stop bf??? Did u try pumping to see if u still had milk? My baby wont latch on sometimes but I just pump n she drinks it out the bottle. Lol bc I barely have nipples n she doesnt like that :(
  • Wow I didnt lose much I only lost 15 lbz in two weeks I gained 50 lbs
  • I was drowning my baby bc milk would just spray out so I started pumping and my supply decreased alit so I went back yo breastfeeding but she wouldn't latch anymore :(
  • Lol I b leaking thru my shirts to. I leaked straight thru nursing pads at the store an my husband was like..um.... u jus gon walk thru the store like that? Lol sure did.
    I read in a comment u left smebody else that u bearly hav nipples. Hav u tried a shield? I hav flat nipples so I use the shield an then aftr he nurses for a few minutes I take the shield off an he latches to me perfectly. Just a thought :)
  • @youngmami3 its okay everyone is different but remember I wasnt well in the hospital & they would let me starve :(

@lily_glz my daughter is not latching on also. That was good u had alot of milk. Im tryna pump alot now so I dont have to buy enfamil bc she wont take my boobs :(

@Breewashington08 lol to u walking thru the store with wet spots... U walked in there proud to huh? I would of lmao & no I havent tried the shield. Never heard of it. Do they carry it at babies r us? Thank u for letting me kno about this I will have to check it out. Im pumping milk for her tho. I think she likes the fast flow of a bottle than breast. Shes so chunky
  • edited October 2011
  • they said at my last doc apt that i gained like 65 lbs and im like what!!! that cant be right ive maybe gained like 30 tops but i think that doc hated me lol
  • Lol I sure did walk thru ther proud. Haha. An smiled at erybody who lookd at my wet spots haha
    My hospital gave me the shield. They hav it to me with my 1st an then I ask for it this time cuz it wrks so well. I dnt knw bout babies r us. But I knw Walmart an meijer sells them also an they dnt very expensive. :) I jus seen her pic, she is a chunky lil mama. She's gorgeous! I love chunky babies. My bbys wer all so scrawny lol
  • @darknesofnight4u lol u really made me laugh with that last comment.

@breewashington08 thanks shes my chunky monkey :) lol ur babies might b scrawny lol but they were long right? I will have to check out walmart. Thanks :)
  • Woohoo! I hope I can lose the weight that fast too
  • I gained 45,, lost 30 by 2wks, the rest will take diet and exercise :/
  • She did the way she said it was like oh I'm having a bad day and u being dizzy isn't my problem snooty way like ehhhh u gained 65 lbs and she said it the same way to my hubbie too she did hate me lol I'm like thanks lady......bitch lol
  • nice!
    i wish i lost that much..i gained 35 lbs and she's 2wks today...last week i lost 19 lbs and I was excited to see how much i lost this week..to bad it was only 1 lbs :(
    so I've lost a total of 20lbs
  • Yes they wer long. Just so skinny lol
  • @myheartzx3 lol ur all baby so u would lose that weight once baby pops out lol :)

@caroline8_p u did good girl. I lost my weight cuz I couldnt eat wat I want after I had my daughter. I was on the low carb diet or no food or drinks diet lol

@darknesofnight4u did she had a reason to hate u. Lol shes rude & from wat ur telling me she is a bitch haha.

@nameless u got 15 to go, u can do it :) I hate stepping on the scale. Cuz u dont knoe if its up or down n it messes with ur whole mood. Even if I lost 30 im still 210 & im still a big girl. U ladies look so tiny :)
  • I know what your mean..people say I skinny..which Im not my body hides fat well i guess..Im gonna work on it.. Cus I had low self esteem after I had my son and I dont wanna be unhappy like that again
  • I Was 125 PrePreqnancy, 181 Wen i Gave Birth ! At My 2 Week Appointment i Was 157 ! Im Hopinq To Get To 130 At Least, :)
  • Nope I have been bugging the docs but I'm tired of being dizzy I told them the thing that fixes it but they won't put me on br