pedialite..help

edited October 2011 in Babies Health
I got some 2ounce sample bottle of pedialite from the pedi..how do I use it..do I mix it with his milk or do I give it to him plain? How much do I give him, the whole 2oz? Would this count as one of his meals or do I still feed him his bottle as well? & how often should I be giving him this? Thanks for your help ladies

Comments

• does your baby have a fever? dont mix it with the milk make it plain and i usually would give my son the whole 2oz and use that as his feeding until he started to act hungry but i would suggest that if he has diarrea or a fever stick with the pedialyte for the day then when he starts getting a lil better introduce the formula/milk back in. thats what my doctor always told me to do!
  • @Landynplus1momma be has diarrhea & has been spitting up after every feeding
  • yeah i would replace the formula with the pedialyte until the diarrhea gets better. Give it to him on demand so if u give him 2 oz and 2 hrs later hes hungry again give him another 2 oz thats what my doctor always said to do as well as my mother in law who is a nicu nurse. i would try that but if u have any concerns about it give ur nurse line a call and ask them they will give u all the info u need. how old is ur baby?
  • @Landynplus1momma Thanks girl & He's 19days old . This is my first so I'm clueless about most of this stuff lol
  • your welcome hun we have all been in that place before! the same thing happened with my little man when he was born!! he was having 16+ bms a day! turns out he had a milk allergy but i def know what its like to feel lost and clueless! hope he feels better sooon!!! its so hard bc they cant tell us what is wrong! and sometimes doctors brush us off thinking we should just know when we really dont! i always felt really brushed to the side bc i was 20 when i had him. neway good luck hun if u need anything im always around :]
  • Dont mix them just give him the pedialyte as his meal..its to help keep them hydrated when they are sick or have diarrhea or throwing up..my daughter likes grape..she basically lived on it for three days when she was sick n wouldn't take a bottle
  • @Landynplus1momma I'm 20! Lol yeah its tough
  • @Mom2McKenna they have different flavors?
  • yes they have grape, bubble gum, unflavored, and i believe the orange is like a punch my son always liked the orange & grape the best how is ur lil man doing today?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Landynplus1momma he's doing better, he got a good nights rest last night & all day today hopefully he doesn't keep me up all night tonight.lol thanks for asking :D