Depressed

edited October 2011 in Postpartum Health
I'm 2 1/2weeks pp & I feel so depressed. I cry everyday. My baby boy cries a lot & sometimes its hard figuring put what's wrong w/him. I haven't been able to get any sleep & I don't get any help. Being is mommy is so hard & everyone keeps telling me "Oh its only going to get worse the older he gets", like I really need to hear that I'm already.depressed enough as it is. I haven't been eating much either..I eat once a day but I.have to force myself. Sorry I just needed to vent :'(

Comments

• Check w ur doc it sounds like ppd it will get better :)
  • @darknesofnight4u thanks! But what is doc gonna do?? Stick me on meds?
  • No find some ways to help u when it gets too much like breathing and ways to help u with ur little one it never hurts to ask :)
  • I'll say the older the better at about 2.5 months to 3 month the baby will start to sleep at night the its gonna be better I know how you feel I got no help whit my second at all just take it easy try to do something for you like get pretty paint your nails or something that make you feel better once post partum its done take your baby for a walk don't just stay on the house allday
  • So sorry to hear you are having a rough time. The first weeks are usually the hardest regarding sleep. Many new mothers are beyond exhausted. And many new mothers have hormones going crazy as their bodies adjust to not being pregnant any longer. Generally, the exhaustion and depression get better within a few weeks. Try to get some help if possible, someone that has had a baby, to give you a break and to help try different things for the crying, to cook and clean for you. Try to take care off your self, baby needs you healthy. Sleep when he does. Try to eat more frequently. For baby crying, be sure he is burping good dduring feedings, if using formula you may want to try a formula for sensative tummies. If he continues crying a lot, talk with your babie's doctor. Crying a couple hours a day is still normal. If he is crying five or six hours a day, you need to get to the bottom of it. We are pulling for you. Things will get better.
  • @darknesofnight4u thanks I probably should mention it to my doc then, huh? I'm just embarrassed..dnt know why though. But how long does this last?
  • @2girls_1boy & @Granny2B thanks yall! Idk what I would do w/o pregly, I come here for so many different reasons.
  • Don't be embarrassed. It happens to so many mothers. Reaching out for help is good. It should get a little easier each week, with occasional set-backs.
  • I felt the same way i had a few breakdowns. But its gotten better if you need to step away it wont hurt your baby to cry a little. Try gripe water mayb he has colic other than that you should talk to your doc dnt wait until you 6 wk pp check up
  • @clope18 its different for every one it is frustrating at first i was raising children at 12 lol and they didnt go home i had raised my sisters one was a baby one was a todler babys take some time but it gets easyer trust me but about the depression dont be embarrased its bad if you dont tell them it will get better i can promice that just talk with them and try to relax when the baby is sleeping new borns sleep alot try to use that time for you if you need to have some friends come over and play with the baby like hold to give you a small break