Eating during induction

edited October 2011 in Labor
I'm on cytotec and I didn't know I couldn't eat....what would happen if I snuck a slice of pizza? Or granola bar? Or chicken wing? I'm starving and haven't eaten since 2 pm :(

Comments

• They would only give me toast..between doses of pitosin... they don't want you to eat just in case you have to have a csection. if you do I suggest a popsicle
  • aww that sucks so bad! im so hungry
  • You should be able to eat a full breakfast in the morning before they start the pitocin. I also did cytotec at night then pitocin in the morning. I woke up at 5:45 am to shower then ate breakfast really quick and they started the pitocin at 6:30 am. Ask your nurse if you can have breakfast in the morning. Ask for ice chips or clear liquids to hold you over until then.
  • im eating ice chips now and umm....its teasing me
  • I ate during my induction...my induction started at 6 pm and I was allowed to eat before 10 pm before they started the pitocin
  • doc said no food after they started the cytotec...she let me sneak two granola frut bars but that did nothing for me.....but i snuck a pepperoni and a piece of pizza crust lol
  • I think they don't want you to eat for a couple of reasons with the meds and food you could have nausea and throw up and you might have a bowel movement during labor. Which is kinda of common.
  • @ash1la im def scared of pooping lol
  • edited October 2011
    @_Kaykes im not sure but if u do eat at most ur baby will b covered in wat u eat once they come out...lol my grandma use to say my mom came out covered in cabbage because my grandad snuck her some right b4 she pushed LOL & that was like 54 years ago :D
  • lol! pizza covered baby @firsttimeoct_mom
  • I snuck in a filers of fish a few fries and a few chicken nuggets from mc donalds during my induction. They never knew I snuck in a bit of food! And I never told either!
  • Its up to you. Just beware since you can become nauseous if you over do it. But on the other hand if I were u I would risk it. Im hoping you wont need a c-section but for whatever reason if you were to have one they will not allow you to eat any solid foods until 24 hrs after delivery. (Atleast at my hospital) So you wouldnt want to be starving from now tgen be given clear liquids to "eat" all day.
  • I am in the UK but I was given 3 meals a day during my induction, they told me to eat to keep my strength up for pushing time! I ended up having a c-section anyway and I just had an epidural, wasn't put to sleep or anything so no need to be starved!
  • Omg I'm so about to sneak and eat lol
  • So they won't let you have breakfast?! WTH?!
  • I wasn't allowed to eat or get up once they started the pitocin. I wasn't even allowed to eat before they started it and I got there @ 3am (water broand the pit wasn't started til 830am. It wasn't bad cuz I was focused on laboring til I got my epi then I slept.

Good luck @_kaykes!
  • Wow my phone messed that up. My water broke at 130am and they started the pit at 830am is what that's supposed to say haha
  • @dreamaria nothing

@mam082711 I'm not progressing at all on this damn cytotec. Now I'm just getting irritated
  • @_kaykes I've heard of people getting 2 doses of that before it working. I was scheduled to get it with my induction cuz I was checked on a wed and 0% and they said we'll check you again fri and I was 90% so no cytotec for me only the pitocin. I know it's very frustrating cuz I was at 2cm for 3 1/2 hrs in excruciating pain and my dr wouldn't give me the epi til 4cm...after I hit 4cm and got my epi I went from 4-10 in an hr. So hopefully you'll get some quick progression once things start going.
  • im going on my fourth dosage....im so beyond irritated that im ready to tell them to just cut me. im not progressing at all. still a fingertip and mild contractions @mam082711
  • I wanted chicken wings when I was in labor, lol. Then the nurse had the nerve to ask me if I was hungry and tell me all I could eat was ice chips. Smh
  • @beautifulone i wish a nurse would ask me a dumb ass question like that
  • Lol. I just looked at her!
  • i would be so irritated @beautifulone
  • I was, lol. Those chicken wings were calling my name! Lol