no more brest feeding for me

edited October 2011 in Babies
I Breastfeed for a week I am quitting I bought some formula emfamil infant am I suppose to warm it up?? how often do I feed her? do I wake her if she's been asleep for more than 2 hrs??

Comments

• i think with formula you feed the baby every 3 hours, and yes you do warm it up....bump just in case im wrong
  • You can use warm water to make the bottle. People say not to but I would warm mine in the microwave for a few seconds and shake it really good to distribute the heated milk evenly in the bottle. You feed every three hours with formula because it doesn't digest as easily as breast milk and the baby stays fuller longer because of that.
  • Well I used the baby water the big gallon n give her 2oz is that what yu did? How warm does it have to be?
  • It doesn't have to be hot. Your goal is to take the chill off the water. Cool tap water can sometimes cause baby chest pains from gulping fast. It depends on your baby though. Some like a mild warm bottle and some don't. My second daughter didn't care either way.
  • I never warmed either of my kids bottles, just used room temp water..it made it easier when we were out I didnt have to worry about warming it
  • I have always used room temp water so they didn't get use to it being warm incase we r n the car or out at a store an I wuld have no way of warming it .
  • Yeah just worried cuz I haven't been warning it
  • I don't warm powder milk unless I hve to refrigerate it! I use concentrate milk in daytime n powder at night!
  • Ya I never warm my sons. He eats it at room temp. Plus its easier for those midnight feedings.
  • Bcuz my nips r bleading n feel sore time much stress for me I feel over whelmed I cant do it any longer
  • Awwww Im sorry you are having a hard time but trust me it gets better. My lil boy is 3 weeks and I had cracked and bloody nipples too. I bought some nipple shields and now we feed without a problem. It is overwhelming but very much worth it. Lanolin cream really helps with the nipples too. Good luck!
  • @mom2be I seen those nipple shields and was wondering about how well those work....does baby really latch on good?
  • Yes he does. At first its still painful bc ur nipples are sore and cracked but once they heal its no problem. @myheartzx3
  • Warming the bottle makes it more enjoyable to the baby and is easier on their stomach but room temp is fine if your out. But don't give it to baby cold!
    I'm going to use nursery water and warm it up on the stove because the microwave has radiation and I don't wana take a chance.
  • @myheartzx3 I flip back and forth using the shield and not using it.. he latches well without it but sometimes he's frustrated (it takes him a minute to get on well) so I'll use the shield. He does well with both.
  • I never warmed bottles, I used a Brita pitcher and would use room temp water, then baby never needed a warmed bottle when we were out and about
  • You cant use focet water.. you can warm it by putting bottle in a cup up hot water for a few mins. Room temp is fine too
  • Formula feed every 2-3 hours and yes wake them up if they are a week or two old to eat eventually you will know when it's ok to let them sleep through I use nursery water and it does ot have to be warmed up if you don't want to I warm them up when I can but not always I do at night though to help my son sleep better but when I'm on the go he gets room temp bottles...you know how your baby will eat so adjust and increase accordingly my son hated the nipple shield because of the flow.
  • I use the nipple shield an my sin does great. I think its just bbys preferences. The shield has helps me out a lot
  • I would try and breast feed a lil longer I had the same thing with my son hurt so much I used the nipples creme and after a week it was much better my son is now three months old and hasn't happened again. Wish you luck
  • Mine hurt so bad. They would gush blood and loterally had several cracks all around! I used nipple cream helped me so much. I use a nipple shield tho. My nipples are short. lol just dont give up. Im having problems breast feeding now my baby is almost 6 weeks n im drying up :( makes me so sad.