breasts

edited October 2011 in Breastfeeding
How u stop from leaking n feeling so engroued I Breastfeed for a week n I'm stopping how do I stop my milk from coming

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Is their a pill or vitamin I can prevent them from coming @mama0811
  • You have to gradually stop breastfeeding. You can't let the baby suck and you can't use a breastpump. As long as there is sucking you will have a milk supply. When I stopped pumping (I never actually breastfed) I had to walk around the house topless. I was home alone for a week so it worked out. If you feel your milk coming in try to squeeze it out manually. The best way to do that is in the shower. Let the hot (not too hot) water drain on it and start from the top of your breast to the nipple and try to get as much out. Try your best not to become engorged because then you're going to have to pump. If you do this for a few days your supply will slow down but it won't stop it. I stopped pumping when my daughter was 1 month but I still had milk (if I squeezed my breast) up until she was 3 or 4.
  • Cabbage leaves are great for engorgement but don't use them for too long as it will dry your milk up
  • Oh sorry just read your stopping.. just fully stop feeding and use cabbage leaves
  • I was actually interested in taking the pill when I had her but the nurses told me that they no longer provide it. I dont know if they stopped it completely but I also dont think they will be willing to give it to you so easy since hospitals are really trying to encourage breastfeeding. I could be wrong though.