membrane sweep induction story

edited October 2011 in October 2011
ok ladies im 40+2 and had a sweep this morning at 9.30am. the midwife is going to sweep me every 2 days until my induction in 10 days, so i thought i would write a thread telling everyone how it goes :-) labour dust please cause at my scan this morning her length was of the scale and she was about 9llb

Comments

• Lots of labor dust to you! I went tuesday & got my membraines stripped, ended up with contractions 10mins apart in just a few hours & 2-3mins apart by the end of the night. Had my son yesterday via csection. I was also over due (41+1) when I had them stripped so I hope it works for you!!
  • @mszcastillo so good to hear a positive sweep story. I hope its the same for me. Congrats on your baby x x
  • Good luck and labor dust to you. I am due tomorrow and I am not dialated at all. Hope for the best for you
  • Well its been 24 hours since the sweep and.........nothing. I'm going in again tomorrow morning to have it.done again x
  • *********lorry loads of labour dust********** come on baby!!!! keep checkin everyday (cant log on on my phone to comment), good luck hunixoxox
  • goodluck and labor dust to u!
  • ****** Good luck hun!! *****
  • I had mine stripped yesterday and nothing :( damn! Hopefully you have better luck
  • Ok sweep #2 and a little bleeding followed by some cramping and felt like I lost a little fluid. Am monitoring it so fingers crossed. Sorry I can't tag everyone but my phones crap x
  • Good luck huni! Hope it works soon for u! Can i ask what the sweep feels like?
  • Good luck huni! Hope it works soon for u! Can i ask what the sweep feels like?
  • @marci it was ok, a little uncomfortable but nothing compared to labour lol. X
  • Thank u xx :-)
  • Well its been another 24 hours since the last sweep and once again, nothing. Actually getting really fed up now. Going in again tomorrow for a third time lucky. Please ladies, send me labour dust. She's 5 days late now :-(
  • I can't believe they wont induce u based on how big your baby is.
  • Labor dust to you!!!
  • @tracing84lucas sorry I haven't updated. I've had 4 sweeps now and all that's happened is I've had a show and lost my plug....and its given me the worse piles in history. I haven't slept for 2 days and they have booked me in for induction on Sunday . I'm so pissed off as they are all.sayin this baby is huge and I will be 12 days late by then. Hope alls well with you ladies x
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow that stinks! I hope everything goes fast when it happens!! ***LABOR DUST***
  • Thanks ladies x x
  • Geez that sucks! :-( Might as well keep him in there until he can walk out, I'd be soooo mad!
  • omg!!!!!!! cant beleive u still here!! come on baby girll, hope u go b4 sunday xx
  • Had to have mine swept twice first time nothing happened last time I had it done Fri and sat morning woke up to my water breaking and had my daughter at 641pm..
  • @SamiUK still here hunny. Nothing, I've had 5 sweeps and bugger all. So fed up. @ExcitedForOctober, tell me about it. Lol @jenoah I wish it had worked for me but no such luck.
  • How's you hun? hope you've had her by now! if not good luck for tomorrow!! x