contractions or not?

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 36w3d and I'm having extreme lower abdominal pain n pressure it hurts to walk anyone kno what this is ?

Comments

• Baby dropped? Or just pushing down on your pelvic bone that is causing the pain to walk. I've been having that pain for a few weeks now. Its no fun.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm 36+4 and have been having the samr thing for weeks now. I talked to my OB about it on Monday and she said it is from the baby's position, baby being low, baby dropped, baby pushing down, and since this my second pregnancy everything is stretched out down there do the muscles and tendons can't support the weight of the baby and uterus like they did the first time. It is scary and painful, but normal.
  • edited October 2011
    @1stwoodsbaby @dreamaria Thankyou its jus so painful and I'm a ftm so I have no idea what was going on
  • I'm a FTM as well, but I think almost every issue that can be dealt with during pregnancy I've had to dealt with at some point so I feel like I know a tad bit about lots of different issues. Hope your pains get better. I've read warm baths and rolling your hips/bouncing on a birthing ball.
  • I tried a warm bath and that didn't help .
  • Oh darn. :( Well I hope you can find some relief somehow and soon.
  • Me to and thanks for the advice .
  • Yea sounds like baby dropped r low I'm a ftm mom n when I was pregnant I was scared with all pains b/c I didn't know what labor felt like until labor hit me and it was no mistaking I don't want to scare u just trying to explain how u would know the difference at the end of your pregnancy u get all types of pains and aches that will scare u but don't stress yourself labor pains come n stop come n stop n no relief until baby it only builds u will know, something in me just said this is it b/c I was so uncomfortable when they hit I couldn't walk or talk i called my hospital (when if u have concerns feeling something u can do if your Dr office closed) n they told me I'm in active labor when they are 2-3 mins apart not sure if mines became that close I just went when I felt like I couldn't take it anymore my tolerance for pain is very low I'm a wimp! Lol n again not trying to scare but I needed information like this as a ftm b/c u don't know n once u have your baby it doesn't matter that's the best feeling in the world n you will be so proud!
  • @hot2cold87 yea I just want him out already all this pain is so annoying I'm a big whimp to lol
  • N sometimes u will experience contractions n not be in active labor I was up for 3 nights with contractions that hurt but they wasn't consistant n far apart and stopped in the morning n I could very much bare them
  • Lol...u will be ok if I got through I'm thinking anybody can lol some women do it natural I would never but some can u are so close I had my baby at 39 wks u can go any day now
  • lol...and lil boys rock especially for a ftm trial n error make for tough boys lol