is this normal for a 1month old?

edited October 2011 in Babies
The past two days she just cries if I put her down. And some times she even cries when I hold her. It seems like all she does is cry. She'll be eating then just cry in the middle of eating. I can't get anyting done, I haven't eaten since yesterday at noon cause she will not let me put her down. :( is this normal or is something wrong with my baby?

Comments

• Omg I am having that issue two I did realize that swadeling sonetimes helps but yeah it was bad yesterday I hardley ate I wad like omg this child going to drive me crazy hes 3 wks 4days
  • My little boy is 3 weeks and this has been him for the past several days also. Last night he woke up at 1:30 and did fall asleep until 5am after I sent hubby to store for gas drops. He would not take my breast or sleep.He then woke up at 6:30 I gave him the drops and he fell asleep until about 1 hr ago. Now hes in his cradle no problem. Hope she gets better!
  • Its probably just a comfort thing... It is hard tho. I found that if I wear a top for a little while then put it near my little girl she settles. Shes 3 weeks 1 day.
  • @lyndsay1983 oh that's a good idea...I'm gonna try that

@mom2be so your baby had gas? I didn't know if you could give them gas drops yet?

@dmaciel my daughter doesn't like to be swaddled, but ill try anything to get her to let me put her down.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im not sure but I tried and he slept. But now hes fussy again. Ive tried swaddling, wearing him, soothing etc and he still cries so I thought it might be gas.
  • @mama0811 I tried my sling...but that only lasted a few minutes.

@mom2be yeah, I've tried everything too...but the only thing that works is holding and rocking her to sleep.
  • That's when my sons reflux started...acted same way and dr said usually develops little after 3weeksborn old. My son has" silent "super reflux" doesn't spit up but looks like he's choking.