Question for moms with babies with reflux

edited October 2011 in Babies Health
Does any one of your babies have silent reflux? If so what were the signs?

Comments

• Wish I could help but I'm not sure what silent reflux is
  • basically its reflux without the spitting up
  • mine..like it come up but doesn't come out.. shes constantly either choking(coughing) or swallowing it.. n I could hear it n see it on her face that she doesn't like it.. :(
  • edited October 2011
    He was screaming ...alot!!! Was most content sitting up...and would look like he was gagging or choking in his sleep! They don't spot up much when they have silent reflux! Sometimes he looks like he's chewing on something ...holding it back
  • thanks ladies! my son has been very fussy. he cries off/on the breast, in/out of his cradle, and hasnt been sleeping very well. sometimes in his sleep he wheezes or gasps really loudly and sometimes it sounds like hes swallowing...
  • @augustbaby- what are u doing for him? do u bf?
  • breast milk is always good. formula is too strong for a baby tummy.
  • I was breastfeeding and he was doing it then too. Now formula and is still..but he is on zantax 2x day and sleeping in carseat to keep his head elevated... I don't lay him flat within an hour after eating ever.
  • Thanks!@augustbaby

Our pediatrician said that his symptoms sounded like reflux and she prescribed zantac also. he was able to sleep last night after about 3 nights of little sleep!
  • My son does that. He is 2 months old and he gags alot and looks like he is chewing a lot in his sleep! And sometimes he chockes real hard to where he has teary eyes what should i do? Is medication necessary
  • If he is sleeping, gaining weight and is overall comfy I wouldnt do anything except for maybe keeping him upright during and after feedings for 30 min to an hour. My boy was NOT happy so I told his doc and hes doing much better now after just one night.
  • Glad to hear things are getting better!
  • thank you! @augustbaby i am relieved to say the least.
  • I understand! ! When I could sit him down without him screaming and pee without feeling guilty it was amazing!! Now he plays on his activity mat and loves it!!! There us hope mama!!! Hang in there