Baby shower?

edited February 2011 in Baby showers
When do plan the date for a baby shower and who is suppose to throw it? Can I do my own?

Comments

• Usually you plan it for 2 months before the baby is born, and send out invitations a month before the date:) anyone can throw it for you and yes you can plan your own, I am:)
  • You can do your own if youde like. Sometimes a family member or close friend throws them for you.ide say anywhere from 8months on to throw a baby shower. I'm a first time mom so I don't know much but I have been to lots of baby showers. It really depends on how soon or late you want one. I'm gunna have mine as soon as I can just because I'm soo excited for all the baby stuff
  • I know what you mean I was thinking of starting to plan it when I find out the sex of the baby even though that's really far in the future lol.
  • @andrea1stbaby I'm throwing mine early too! I'm so very excited for the baby and baby stuff!! I'm having mine June 4th and my baby is due august 4th:) do you know what your having?
  • @mrs_rodney when are you due?
  • Some time in October I haunt been to the doc yet that's on march15 and I'm not sure what day my last period was so I'm thinking middle to end of October. I'm just so excited.
  • @steph_s90 no I'm only 8weeks so I won't know for awhile:/ do you know what your having?
  • @mrs_rodney oh ok well congrats:) its exciting going for the first time
    @andrea1stbaby oh that's good, it sucks finding out so early bc it seems like such.a long wait lol I found out at 3 weeks, but no I haven't found out the sex my apt is march 8th I'm so excited:)
  • @steph_s90 I found out before I even had a missed period and its seemed to go by faster then I thought
  • Really? To me it seems so slow.
  • Yea it seems slow to me to lol
  • I had both of mine when I was 6 months because waiting until the last minute you may end up not getting everything you need & if you can't afford to buy the items then you're screwed. I liked giving myself enough time to get everything I needed without spending every penny of my paycheck. Also it gives people more time to get you something before the baby comes. Anytime we would visit anybody from my husband's side of the family they always had gifts for us & our son. It was like Christmas every weekend lol.
  • Im 30weeks and 4 days. Were havin our shower on march 12th,im literially counting down the days lol we havent bought much cuz my husband wants to wait and see what all we get at the shower. I keep tellin him we need to start stockin up on necessities like wipes,diaper genie inserts,diapers,etc but he wont let me buy a single thing till after the shower. I suggest to start buying those things as soon as you find out the sex. You will defiantly need them in the long run. And wer# having a little girl,our first :)
  • I'm 32 wks and 5 days my mom and Lil sister are throwing mine on sat march 5 but that day seems to be coming very slowly. Lol.
  • i didnt know i cud have a baby shower hmmmm might look into that