absolutely disgusted *UPDATE AT TOP*

edited October 2011 in Labor
so i've done 4 rounds of cytotec, for 18 hours and im only dilated to one. im having contractions but im not progressing.. i havent eaten in 26 freakin hours. now i have to wait til 6pm to start a second induction using cervidil from 6pm til 6am. i am beyond pissed off and irritated. idk what to say right now or what to do but i refuse to go home with out my son in my arms. im so ready for this horror show to be over.

*UPDATE:

SO ONCE AGAIN THEIR INDUCTION METHODS DID NOT WORK. EVERY FUCKIN SHIFT CHANGE IM BEING TOLD SOMETHING DIFFERENT. 4 ROUNDS OF CYTOTEC. FAILED TO DILATE. 12 HOURS OF CERVIDIL. FAILED TO DILATE. FIRST IT WAS AN INSURANCE ISSUE WITH ME JUST WANTING MY WATER BROKEN BEFORE TRYING CERVIDIL. NOW THEY HAVE TO DECIDE RATHER ITS OK TO JUST START PITOCIN WITH ME ONLY BEING 1CM. WHAT THE FLYING F*CK??!! IM SO PISSED I CANT EVEN THINK STRAIGHT. BEFORE THIS WHOLE ORDEAL STARTED I TOLD THE DOCS THAT I WAS NOT LEAVING WITH OUT MY SON EVEN IF THAT RESULTED IN A C-SECTIION. NOW THEY WANT ME TO CONSIDER COMING BACK IN A WEEK. NO! SELFISH OR NOT I DO NOT CARE. AFTER MY MOM MOVED TO KUWAIT I BECAME VERY DEPRESSED AND THAT SCARED ME. WHY THE HELL ISNT ANYBODY LISTENING TO ME?! UGH JUST FEEL LIKE CRYING.

Comments

• You should eat something so you have strength for labor. Even if its just some gronola bars.
    Take hot shower
    Walk
    Squat
    Labor.ball if your hospital has them
  • They need to let you eat..and why aren't they trying something different since that's not working?? Im sorry hunny!
  • I'm sorry Hun I hope it just starts happening fast all of a sudden that is how my body is I can't dialate either and I end in a c Sec but hopefully the cervadil works labor dust **********
  • @littlefae @garagebandfan they are allowing me to eat til midnight. i dont understand why they would try something thats lower then the cytotec, but their reason was "your body may react better to cervidil". i honestly want them to break my water and let my body decide what it wants to do. I dont want a c-section but i cant stand the thought of sitting here another day with no progress and they decide to send me home.
  • Wow, I'm sorry ur having a rough time. Will they let u have some broth or cream of something soup. How r u supposed to have energy to push? Wishing u the best.
  • @august22baby according to them im not in labor at all

@momof22be idk whats going on with my body but its depressing. thanks for the labor dust :)
  • I don't think they will be sending you home.. the cervidil is the pill that goes inside the cervix right?? Have they tried folly bulbs or pitsoin?
  • @carley their allowing me to eat til midnight
  • @garagebandfan their saying if cervidil doesnt work then they will send me home but im refusing to leave. cervidil will be attached to something and it will sit outside my cervix, they didnt even mention the bulb and they wont start pitocin until im at 2cm
  • edited October 2011
    Man, the same thing happened to me! I finally decided to go hone after I failed the second induction. I went home, ate like I hadn't seen food in years, showered, and slept at home. I went back the next evening for my 3rd induction. I failed that one too so I ended up with a c-section. It was a huge disappointment. I hope it goes better for you than it did for me, but my advice is to take a break if this next round doesn't work b/c you will be exhausted when your little one does arrive and it will be tough. I used cytotec and cervidil and pitocin...I only made it to a 3 :( 6 long days...it was awful.
  • Boo! when I was induced with my first I was only on pitocin!
  • @dreamaria omg i cant imagine...their starting my second induction in a half hour... if this doesnt work then they will break my water if i refuse to go home

@garagebandfan this is torture

@august22baby that sucks
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I can't even imagine how discouraged you must be feeling. I really hope that you get relief and have that baby soon!
  • Well I wish you all the luck in the world! Just be sure to ask them if breaking your water commits you to delivering with in 24 hours. In my case, I still didn't progress once they broke my water. The contractions picked up, but didn't change my cervix. I git an epudural too which didn't work, but I think that slowed things down too. My blood pressure and my babys heart rate started dropping, I wasnt progressing...lead to c-section. So make sure you find out what the plan will be once they break your water. Lots of labor dust to you!!!
  • Cervadil failed for me I thought it was pit but just found out before my seccond c section it was cervadil I hope it works for u Hun I wouldn't leave either see if they will let u walk around
  • Cytotec isnt actually made for induction, its for treating ulcers and the side effects can include uterine contractions. Its possible that you just arent experiencing that particular side effect.

Dont worry Mama. Youre on your way, you just have to be patient with that obnoxious child. :)
  • @garagebandfan im feeling pretty discouraged

@dreamaria breaking my water would commit me, and their only giving me 18 hours to deliver

@momof22be i really hopes this works

@captainmorgaine they used the cytotec to ripen my cervix and umm.....that failed, now i have to wait til 6am to see what happens with the cervidil :(
  • @babybubba123111 nothing til 6 am... Trying to get some sleep but this bed sucks and these contractions are making it hard to get comfortable
  • I really hope things start moving along for you. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. %%- %%- %%-
  • Im sorry hope things are better
  • @damiens_mommy im so sad and irritated. they just started me on pitocin. instead of the docs coming back in to talk to me they sent the nurse in with the pitocin bag.

@kris100717 thanks i hope so too
  • Awww :( and I thought I was frustrated. I really hope things get moving along or they just do a c section for you , good luck.
  • @mommylovessparkle frustrated is an understatement. their is no communicating with these damn doctors
  • Ahhhh so terrible! I know this is easier said than done but take a deep breath and try to relax. Your stress level will continue to negatively affect your labor. Good luck!
  • @mom2be im trying to calm down. they started pitocin and i have a few contractions. i just want my little boy
  • Aww I know its really hard to calm down believe me but you have to take a deep breath like @mom2be said . Soon your going to have your little prince in your arms. Good luck with everything.
  • @mommylovessparkle thanks and i will def try to calm down. im just exhausted and frustrated but i know he will be here soon.