Showering at the hospital?

edited October 2011 in Labor
I'm going to be induced monday night, tte dr said he's gonna do cerdival and then wake me up at 5 to shower before pitocin is started, can I take my straightener?? If I shower and not do anything with my hair it kinda turns into a fro... And also, if we take the laptop will they have wireless internet you think? I know my husband is not going to be able to sleep, thanks!

Comments

• You could probably have time to do your hair too. Do you have an appointment with your doctor before your induced?

And, I know a lot of hospitals here have internet.
  • I straightened my hair there. But I came showered and my hair straightened then I showered after I dilivered n re touched up my hair. I didnt wash it there. My hair takes hours to do.
  • No, my appointment was today, I was too excited to even think lol I guess i'll take my straightener and if they wont let me i'll have my hubby straighten it while in bed lol
  • @babbymamma18 thats a good idea! I could shower right before I go in and then just not get my hair wet
  • Ha! I was just thinking about this the other day! It feels weird for me to bring my hair dryer and straightener like I'm stayin in a hotel, but I'm going to cuz I'm like you, my hair gets to poofy and out of control if I don't blow dry & straighten it!
  • @baileygoose , I may not be functional at 5 in the morning, but we shall see, i'm excited about the major sleeping pill he said says gonna give me, I miss sleep...
  • I was wondering the same thing too! But my hair takes like 30 min to straighten so I'm not too sure I'll be up for it
  • @excitedforoctober you may just have to get up earlier, I got a "mommy" hair cut that literally takes 5 minutes tops, it was my husbands idea lol I even let him pick out the cut
  • @Kimberly4411 I just got it cut as a matter of fact on Monday to make it easier on me :) The thing is my hair is really curly and I only like to have it straight and I blow dry it which takes longer than a flat iron
  • Ooo, I understand! I'm hoping this child gets my hair, hubby's is a little special lol @excitedforoctober
  • Lmao! My bf says the same thing, well he hopes he doesn't have MY hair. But I think that little boys with curly hair are sooo cute! I have big spirally curls too, not the little tight ones so it really is not a pain to manage :)
  • You probably won't have a lot of time to straighten ur hair but its worth a shot! My hospital had wireless Internet so hubby and I brought our comp for entertainment since you will be there for awhile. Also, def take advantage of the sleeping pill they give you...it was the best sleep I had my whole life, I wish I had them now lol....good luck and congrats:)