So it seems like im in early labor!!!

edited October 2011 in Labor
I've been getting mild cramps, like menstrual cramps. I've been leaking discharge and I tried going to bed earlier and it was NOT happening the discomfort I was feeling from the cramping was not letting me sleep at alllll! I got up to use the bathroom and when I wiped I saw a mucusy discharge which appeard in a streak and I believe was a piece of my mucus plug! I called the midwife at the hospital I will be giving birth at and she said it definitely sounds like I'm in early labor. So far I'm getting contractions every 5-7 minutes apart roughly and I have lower back pain too which is so annoying! I'm finding that standing still doesn't help so I'm walking around moving my body around and timing these cramps hopefully my baby will be here today!!!

Comments

• Woohoo! Keep us updated! Good luck! :)
  • @Kimberly4411 Thanks! Definitely will! Seems like I won't be sleeping for a while these pains won't let me :/
  • So the cramps r contrations? We time those also?
  • Good luck hun!
  • @Roxy yes they are every person feels them differently; my midwife described contractions to me as tightening of the abdomen and I haven't had any tightening but I am getting strong cramps similar to menstral cramps and when I called the Hospital the midwife said it deff sounds like early labor plus I've been losing chunks of my mucous plug so I know these pains are DEF causing me to dialate.
  • @mama2be_11_4_11 I'm feeling good actually just uncomfortable when I get a contraction and I'm having backaches which suck!!! And I'm 39 weeks and 5 days my due date is this Sunday the 9th.
  • This is gd to know ty hope u feel better
  • You go girl!! Good luck!
  • @roxy hi my due date is one day after yours oct 22 how are u feeling? ?
  • So I just came out of my appointment and I'm a good 3cm dialated already - she could feel my peanuts head :D so exciting! So I'm just waiting to get more consistant contractions so I can go into the hospital
  • That's great! I wish I would dialate!!
  • @traci84lucas but now I'm not getting contractions like I was before I took a nap with no problem just now, I'm getting so anxious I just wanna dialate more so when I make that trip to the hospital they won't send me home.
  • I know what ya mean
  • @eungab27 hello im having presure some times cramps theres nights when I get contrations they hurt feels like I need to poop but nothing they hurt but there the fake ones im not dialated yet how u feeling