My baby is unable to poop :(

edited October 2011 in First time moms
My son is 10 days old and ever since yesterday he's been unable to poop :(. I breast and formula feed... Any suggestions on what to do in order to help him? Please help because idk what to do

could it possibly be because I refrigerate the breast milk now, when I use to always give it to him fresh?

Comments

• Try to give him water that always helps. Not a lot maybe half oz or little less. Try it if it doesn't work call pediatrician in the morning. :)
  • Massage babys belly while drinking brest milk.
  • Lube up a q tip and swivel it around for a couple of minutes. I even had to, per pediatrician, use 1/2 gylcerin suppository.
  • It is normal for a baby to wait up to 12 days to poop!! Especially a breastfed babe :) My newborn daughter went 11 days before poopin! It was her "normal"
  • My baby has been formula fed since birth we have had to switch formula 4x til we found one that let her poop every 4-5 days which is her "normal" doc said it was bc of the iron? She poops a lot better now that she eats baby cereal n baby food
  • I breast feed and sometimes give formula(max 1 xday) and he poops after ecery feeding..
  • I take my daughters legs and do a bicycle motion with them. I do this for about 5 minutes, and she always poops within a half hour of that
  • My baby poops after every feeding n I get scared bc iono if its suppose to be like that. I breastfeed n give enfamil. But my babys doc said baby dont need water til around 4 to 6 months.
  • My baby tries to poop it just won't come out! I tried the q-tip once I woke up this morning @kcike812 and it worked, burt now we're back at stage one where he's unable to :( I tried the q-tip again but, nothing...
  • Get a warm soapy wash rag and massage by his butt.... the warm cloth should help ur baby to relax.... but its normal for babies to poop everyday.
  • Not to poop everyday*****
  • @mrsthompson34 : it is dangerous to give babies water period. Google it. You rob baby of nutrients and could actually harm them by feeding them water :(
  • @mommyheather I dont give my baby water. Wat r u talking about??? The girl at the top said give the baby water maybe it will help the baby poo n I just mention that my babys doc said u can give baby water at 4 to 6 months if baby needs some.
  • Totally normal to go days without pooping. A week to 10 days was my daughters "normal" :)