using different bottles?

edited October 2011 in Babies
I've been using breast flow bottles...originally got them because I was going to breast feed and use bottles so my husband could feed her. But the breast feeding didn't work out. Does anyone use the breast flow bottles, just to use them, and not while breast feeding? Or would it matter if I got other bottles, or should I just stick with the ones I've been using? and are there certain bottles that reduce colic?

Comments

• I use them n dont bf. I also use dr browns and notice they do reduce colic
  • I use dr.browns for the limited times i do pump. Less burping and spit up vs a regular bottle imo.
  • I got rid of my breastflow bottles ..he was getting too much air. I switched to Playtex dropins...nice cuz u can squeeze out mist air and only have to wash nipples!!
  • @augustbaby & @cait_septembermommy there's a disposable breastflow bottle that uses dropins just like playtex. That's what I plan to use as it most closely mimics natural breastfeeding with the nipple design and airless emptying of the bottle liner like the breast. I assume it's best on baby's digestive system. :-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama0811 so your baby drinks from both dr. browns and breast flow? and doesn't mind the two different bottles?

@myressa2011 hmm, if they reduce colic I really want to try them. Your baby also uses two different bottles and does well with both nipples?
  • I use dr.browns for the limited times i do pump. Less burping and spit up vs a regular bottle imo.
  • No nipple confusioon either ^
  • I use playtex ventaire they're supposed to reduce colic.. has a vent system. I like them, and so does my daughter :).. I have also used the playtex drop ins I looved them just hated having to buy the drop in thingys all the time
  • @cait_septembermommy yes she does i switched because she was starting to get very colicy. Ever since i started i havent given her anymore gas drops maybe once in the last 3 wks. I find that dr browns are better than breastflow
  • edited October 2011
    I breast feed an express into tommee tippee closer to nature bottles- no nipple confusion!! Plus they are anti colic as standard!
  • Well I'm keeping her on the breast flow bottles...turns out it wasn't colic. We switched her formula and that's why she was acting like she had colic. But now she's all back to normal :) so now I don't need to switch bottles.