i dont get how evening primrose oil can be used viginally!? please help...

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
I bought some evening primrose oil capsules today and it doesn't say anything on the box about inserting them vaginaly, yet I've herd some of you are doing it this way. The ones I bought are in capsules with the oil inside, is this the norm? Can I use these vaginaly? If so how do I go about it? Is it safe? How does the capsule dissolve once up there??.....
Thanks in advance, and sorry about all the questions

Comments

• It doesn't say to do so, but just insert the capsules close to your cervix. They will dissolve inside. Do it at night and wear a pantyliner...it gets messy
  • Ohhh @cinnabon , why does it get messy?? Lol I've already taken one orally so can I still put one in there before I go to bed?
  • Its gonna take alot more than 1 orally
  • once your body heat and vaginal moisture dissolves the capsules, the oil starts to leak out of your body causing and oily mess in your panties and maybe even your sheets. You can do orally and vaginally, but it doesn't say it on the box because they are not originally made for that...it's just something we crazy women started doing once someone discovered it could soften your cervix ;-)
  • oh! and like Steph said, 1 won't do it. you need like 3 orally and 3 vaginally.
  • Lol I know that I just didn't know if it was safe to take one orally then one vaginaly. I took the last oral one 4 hours ago
  • wwwhhhaat?? so like 6 in the same day??
  • yes. its pretty obnoxious
  • So, (sorry for all the questions @cinnabon) do I take 3 orally all at the same time then 3 vaginaly all at the same time?
  • Midwives told me to insert them when I was prego right before bed...just remember to wear a panty liner because it leaks out
  • And is that the only time you done it @Mom2Mckenna? What was you routine of it?
  • Lol...don't worry about the questions!
    I believe it doesn't matter as long as u get the three in the day...but I could be wrong there. Personally, I took all three in the morning at one shot. Delivered 3 days later, so be careful!

**Doc said I could start taking them at 36 weeks so I started at 35+6 and delivered at 36+2. Everything went faster than expected, so technically my baby was a preemie**
  • I been looking for it where did u purchase it
  • Thanks for posting this I've been curious too lol
  • @proudcastromam I got mine at Walmart.

So this makes sense as to why I didnt change using the EPO. I was only putting 1 in vaginally. Wish I would of known sooner to use a lot more than one. Darn.

@mums_the_word Good luck with the EPO. Like they've said, make sure to wear a liner. The one that I used at nights made a mess, so I can't imagine what 3 would do.
  • I'm in for a messy night tonight then huh? Lol best hope bd doesn't try anything tonight or he'll get slimed lol
  • I took 3 orally in the morning then inserted 3 just before I went to sleep after naughties! Lol. I had my girl at 39+1
  • Lol @Hopes_Mummy, how long where you taking them for before you went into labour?
  • a week. i started at 38 weeks.
  • I put 2 in vaginally right before I go to bed . Try to push it up as far as u can. Plus 2 oral a day. Orally I kinda get an upset stomach but I guess u can space them out thru the day. I also take red raspberry leaf tea extract in pill form. We'll see if it works Tue;)
  • Yes. Baby is ok. She is doing great! No time in NICU