She's here! :-)

edited October 2011 in Labor
My due date was Oct. 8th. On my appt on the 7th doc said she don't think I will make it past the wknd, & if I went walkin that day I might jus have her that nite. Sure enough after a 1.5 mile walk, I was @ home around 10:30p.m. when my contractions became 3 mins apart & unbearable. Took a shwr, got to the hospital @ 12a.m. I was progressing really fast so my contractions were killer. Got the epidural when I was 5-6cm, (best invention on the planet!) After that I was in no pain whatsoever. @ 8am they told me I was 10cm & ready to push (still couldn't feel a thing). Pushed for a lil over an hr and she was born @ 9:09a.m. Very scary tho, cord was wrapped around her neck & she wasn't breathin or cryin. Tons of docs rushed in & finally got her goin. Tore me pretty bad from when the doc cut the umbilical cord. She's in the special care nursery now cuz I had a fever & on antibiotics & she's havin trouble feedin. But she's ok, thank God. Overall labor wasn't too bad. I went into labor on my own and @ the hospital, nothin was needed to move it along. No Pitocin, no nothin. & she came right on her due date :-)

Comments