BECOMING IMPATIENT! *Positive & Encourgaging Words Only Please*

edited October 2011 in Labor
OMG ONLY MY CHILD :( The Thursday b4 last i had a Drs apt at 37+5 & my Dr said i was 1 cm & 50% effaced so she streched me to 2 1/2 cms said baby was coming soon... the next day i lost my mucus plug wit no bloody show & the contractions started... felt horrible all last week... but still walked over a mile each day...OK had an apt on Friday (that jus passed) 38+6 & was contracting while waiting for the apt to start so my Dr checked me said i was still 2 1/2 cms but now 60% effaced but wanted to monitor my contractions... so my nurse hooked me up & after 30 mins my Dr came & checked on me & said my contractions were 5 to 6 mins apart & my cervix thinned to 70%... she was shocked because i was sitting there relaxed... she said most ladies wud b screaming by now but i reminded her that my cramps have been like HELL so this was nothing... she laughed because she remember wen i started seeing her 6 yrs ago it was to get on BC pills for my horrible cramps & not because i was sexually active! She also let me kno to stop driving & to expect my son this weekend & if the pain got worst to call into Kaiser... i have insurance thru them & b4 u can go to the hospital u have to get there permission to go in (Stupid Right?) So ok... woke up yesterday lost the rest of my mucus plug still no blood & contractions got worst every 2 mins infact but i waited... my mom & i walked around the market & afta 2 hrs it was so unbearable i called Kaiser... talked to a nurse... she told me that i was in false labor because i wud b in more pain... unble to breath or speak & the contractions wud b closer together & i wud feel like i had to push any sec mind u my hospital is 45mins away! I was HEATED! So now i thinking this dumb broad wants me to deliver in my FREAKING LIVING ROOM if i wait to call until i have to push... wateva so i cried a little & just toke the pain... SOOO i woke up this morning & the pain is still here but i refuse to call... i guess hes not coming this weekend & i PRAY he doesnt come on my fathers birthday which is Tuesday... my father has been an unsupportive, nasty ass, bitc* my entire pregnancy... matter of fact my entire life! He doesnt even acknowledge my son or my sons father.... he called my son an "IT" the other day! SO HEATED! but thats a different story....

My due date is Sat Oct 15th so i kno i still have a week but im getting so discouraged like hes never gonna come... im scared to try natural ways to induce besides walking (which does nothing) & sex... im getting so upset.... mayb castor oil or pineapple juice? :)

*end of mini vent*

Comments

• Oh due date buddy!! Your not alone. I am 1 cm 70% and on Thursday doctor strechted my cervix and stripped my membranes and 24 hours later I lost my mucus plug and had my bloody show. I have been walking a ton this weekend and even made a labor cake and nothing has happened so far lol. I hope they decide to come soon and I hope we have easy labors!
  • @Jensensmommy15 Awww thanks Sarah \:D/ i sud have known u wud b the first to come to my rescue! Im sorry Jensen is taking his time along wit William... we have stubborn sons lol... i guess well jus be waiting... HOWEVER i pray they come soon & that we have easy labors too :) Keep me posted!
  • i will keep you posted!! I am so ready for labor lol!! it needs to happen today becuase I dont wanna go to work tomorrow'!!!! lol. oh and yesterday I was even moving some furniture well just pushing it out of my way and nothing!!! these babies are being so stubborn!!
  • Oh wow! & Nothing? Our sons are just right dwn & comfy! I have some cleaning to do today then to the grocery store... i wrote on ur FB wall my next ideas! LOL will keep u posted...
  • i saw facebook! let me know how castor oil works im scared to try that one though! if pineapple juice works i will drink an entire gallon of it lol I love pineapples
  • U have more than a week to make progress before ur overdue! Don't get discouraged yet! Good luck:)
  • They both will come tonight just wait lol. Try to relax cause the hard and painful part is coming. Yay baby time. My daughter wouldnt come out for a long time and I was induced lol.
  • @Jensensmommy15 i will keep u posted :)

@nicoleok87 its kinda hard to think of it that way wen ur dr tells u to clear ur entire schedule for the weekend because the baby is coming... but Thanks for the luck i need it :)

@proudmomma aww thanks love i hope so cuz i hav so many mixed emotions right now.... my dr said we wont even talk abt induction dates because she doesnt think ill need one but if i do well talk abt it after 40 weeks :(
  • I hate when they say that stupid crap.....if you were you would be screaming or out of breath.....HELLO everybody is different! I delivered at Kaiser w/my first 10 years ago.....I don't remember them saying to call first....next rime just show up! The doctor in Arizona told my sister they were going to send her home bc she didn't like someone that was in labor....you dip shit she's one of the few that doesn't feel them, her stomach just tightens....I told him over my dead body she is going home, well she had her night, and it happened so fast they weren't ready, she hadn't got all her meds for strep b (the nurse was pushing on the iv bags trying to get the fluid in her faster) and when they pulled her legs back so she could push the baby's head was sticking out....she pushed twice! Do what you feel is right for you....go in if u feel its time!
  • @ash1la THANKS! Thats wat i told her dumb ass that im different & my dr cud even c it... my contractions arent as painful or unbearable as many... i can handle a little more pain.... im glad u put ur foot dwn wit ur sister some ppl just dont understand...but the next time i feel like i need to go i am going! Believe me! Thanks for understanding :)
  • @FIRstTiMeOcT_mom We are due the same day so I totally understand being ready to meet your baby. Mine is a boy too! :D no name yet :( stubborn bf :/ since we have a little less than a week left I'm trying to be as patient as I can. And its hard :( This is also my first so i have no clue what to expect. All I keep hearing is you'll know when its happening .. at my appt last week I was 2cm and 80% effaced which my Dr told me was good for this to be my first, but I know things can change so I haven't gotten my hopes up. I have lost only parts of my mucous plug so you are further along than me in that dept. My Dr told me that the mucous plug, bloody show, and dilation doesn't matter unless you start having consistent contractions 2-5 min a part or your water breaks :/ so my bh contractions don't mean too much just.yet.. I haven't done too much walking but I am on it starting tomorrow,lol . I have contemplated the castor oil, but as a last resort. I'm a chicken only bc I know a few people that have done it. One particular went into labor within 4 hrs of taking it and she said the pain was so bad and happened so fast and the Dr said she had never seen anything like that b4 and that the pain/contractions were measuring off the charts. She made it to the hospital where she was already a 5 and was only in labor for a total of 2 1/2 hrs which included her 30 min drive to the hospital. When she told me "she thought she was going to die" I said I would hold off on that.. lol I haven't heard anyone have any success with pineapple juice to date. I would be the first one on it if I had. I have heard of some going into labor from taking a warm/hot bath, but supposedly it only works if you don't usually take baths, so wouldn't work for me :/

Today isn't over, so your baby could still come today :) maybe try a labor ball? Please keep me posted on your progress! Maybe whatever works for you will work for me too! :)
  • @2ndbutfirst yea thats me i jus breath but i guess the nurse just doesnt believe me...

@octobernewbie aww ur in the same boat as me & @Jensensmomy15! Its nice to meet you :) I think the 3 of us jus have stubborn baby boys who do wat they want! U just scared me abt the castor oil but imma still try it! I hope walking wrks for u... ive done it my entire pregnancy so i think my son is use to it! Good Luck on picking a name for ur son & u keep me posted as well! :)
  • @proudmomma that would be awesome if we both came tonight! I like the way you think!!!
  • @firsttimeoct_mom I just lost more of my mucus plug and it was definitely bloody.
  • I have kaiser as well but was told I can call or go in whenever I want. My regular dr even told me during normal business hours I can just go in there to be checked and see her. Which kaiser do you go to? I'm going to hayward.
  • edited October 2011
    @Jensensmommy15 YAYYY ANY CONTRACTIONS?

@Jess510 i go to the one in Largo MD I wish i had those luxuries! :(
  • How are you guys feeling?