Babys first time out...

edited October 2011 in First time moms
When is it safe to take baby out and around crowds?

Comments

• I'm not until she's a month
  • I didn't take my son out to a store til he was 2 weeks old. Today is the first time he's gonna be around a crowd though we have a "grandmother's party" to go to 8-| he's a month old now
  • Ive taken my son to dr's appts and to people's houses, but he hasn't been around a crowd of people yet. He's 3 weeks old. The dr told me I could take him out, but no crowds. So idk...
  • I had my daughter out and about at 3 days old already, we wnt for a walk around the block an hr after getting discharged. She's 6 weeks now and perfectly healthy
  • I know my son is fine, but I'm annoyed with my family members trying to tell me what to do. I know I'm a FTM, but damn shut up. I do what the dr tells me for the most part
  • Ya I don't listen to my family, I do what I feel is right. The drs told me to make decisions
  • My son is 3 wks and last week we took him to church for the first time. He did great- we'll be going again in 45 minutes. The key IMO is to keep sick ppl away from them and to not let everyone touch or hold them. Good luck!
  • edited October 2011
    Exactly and I do just that! I feel like my instincts are good and I use them.