Lovin' my lil man :)

edited October 2011 in Babies
So my little man is 6 days old, well he will be at 7:47 tonight :) He is absolutely perfect!! His first night home was a little rough but he's getting much better. I never thought I'd love someone as much as I love him.. and after he was born and i heard him cry for the first time.. i definitely was put into mommy-mode!! We had his 2-day check up yesterday and he was 8lbs 3oz (he was 8lb 7oz when he was born) and the doctor said he was doing great!! Since being home I have definitely showed a lot of my family that i CAN do this, and i CAN definitely do it on my own.. they thought once i had my little man that I would be lazy and half-ass care for him.. boy did i show them, I take care of him ALL day & night with very little help! Even when my husband tries to help, I don't want him too. I want to be the one who feeds him, changes him, bathes him, EVERYTHING!! He is absolutely adorable and my world!! We took him on his first shopping trip yesterday afternoon.. even tho he slept the whole time :) We didn't think we would have to buy him anymore clothes because he has SOOOOO many but since his head was a little big we had too! His tops have to be a 0-3 so his head fits but his bottoms have to be newborn so we were on the hunt for newborn pants and smaller socks!! :)

As far as a birth story.. things weren't bad.. I woke up around 4:30 Monday morning and when i got up i thought i had pee'd on myself, cept when i went to the restroom.. it wasn't pee & it wasn't stopping! lol :) So i called L&D and i went into the hospital around 6am.. they sent me straight to L&D and hooked me to machines and checked and it was definitely my water!! I wasn't really feeling any contractions.. besides pain in my lower back (which wasn't anything horrible).. they hooked me up to pitocin and my contractions started and was about 2mins apart.. and i was 1cm dilated.. well by 6pm.. they were 1 1/2 mins apart and only 2cm dilated.. so we talked about c-section.. and a little after 7pm they took me back and at 7:47pm my little man was here!! :) & just in time for wrestling :) the nurses on my floor laughed about how i was hoping he would be here before wrestling started cause i didn't want to miss it and sure enough it was lol :) Going back for a c-section was definitely an experience and i was scared to death.. i'd be lying if i said i wasn't!! I didn't hurt really has bad afterwards that i thought i would (well from things i'd read).. the worst part was when they got me out of bed for the first time to shower and all.. and i'm a little sore still now but nothing i can't handle.. the only thing that sucks is the swelling in my legs and feet!! It looks horrible, especially since i didn't swell at all during my pregnancy!!

Overall, as a FTM, things went great and i love my little man to death and i wouldn't trade any of it for the world!! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments