bumpers ?? to use or not to use which is it?????? what is a good stroller/infant carrier???

I've been told two different things on the bumpers. what should I do????? I'm looking for stroller and infant carrier combo . The carseat I bought doesn't double as infant carrier. So I'm going to buy stroller combo set and put the carrier in the trunk . Our friend told us not to buy a cheap stroller they are worthless that jeep strollers are good.

Comments

• iunno i'm curious about the bumper bit too.
  • I use my bumper. People tell me not to use it but im using it. I have a very good monitor that sences(sp) movement so not too worried about the whole bumper thing
  • I was told not to use bumpers but I am. You definitely don't need to buy a jeep stroller, they are over priced and you are only buying a name. I wouldn't buy the cheap $15 stroller tho either, they do not steer good.
  • edited October 2011
    What's a good price range? I seen at walmart and kmart stroller carry set for like 100. @jcbowker @proudmommy8789 thank you
  • I don't use bumpers haven't with either of my boys they both wriggle so much they end up sideways in the cot so they would not be safe with them.
  • I dont use my bumper.. Sids hazard. My dad definitely out up a debate with me about it but my son has been rolling since 3 months from back to belly :( were getting the bre at breatheable bumper from walmart, so he wont get libs stuck. His pediatrician was no help and say to have him sleep in his swing or carseat.

My mom got my sons car seat and stroller at walmart. It was graco brand and we love it! I wanna say it was $130.
  • I use the bumper shit my daughters and I'm use it again whit this one so its your option use it or not

The stroller I love chicco but this time around I get a snap and go and buy the aprica presto is for 3 months & up and I love it
  • I used bumpers last time and will again this time. It's pretty much up to you. My bumpers are really thin though, I'm not sure I'd use the fluffy ones.

With the stroller combo, it really depends on how much you're going to use it and what you will use it for. I bought mine at Kmart, it was $159 and it's by Evenflo. The wheels on it get stuck a lot and it's a real pain, but I rarely use it, so it's not a big deal. Reading reviews on the stores website is probably the best way to decide if the $100 stroller will work for you, esp since they don't have them down where you can test them out.
  • I use the bumpers but once my son rolls and moves I'm going to take them out and put in a breathable bumper. And the set I got with my bedding...the tie straps don't match up properly with my crib slats so they aren't tied on. Another reason I have to take them out when he is able to roll around. I have a convertible crib from target "Just One You" by Carter's in coffee color.

I have a graco travel system can't remember the style name but it's got a handle that flips and although I love it, it's easy to open and close, but the stroller itself is really heavy to put in and out of my suv. We tested them out before I decided on the one I have but in practice it's much heavier than expected. It was about $199ish at babies r us.
  • the reason your not suppose to use bumpers is because it makes it difficult for air circulation and heightens the risk of sids, it's cute for decoration tho. As for a travel system they have nice ones at target & babies r us that are nice.
  • You can always take the bumper out at bedtime and then just tie it back in during the day if baby isn't going to nap in the crib. most stroller/carrier units are around $100-150, Target online is often at least 25% cheaper on that stuff than it is in the store, that's where we got ours.
  • Well u wont need to use the bumper til your baby starts rolling around. I always tucked some of the bumper down a little between mattress and crib and make sure u tie all the ties to crib.
  • Thanks y'all. this is all helpful info. I'm wanting a stroller that is good for outdoors as well as indoors.
  • Sids is not the only reason about the bumper ... its a safety risk for suffocation the first few months. That's way they say not to put anything in the crib with them just the sheet on the mattress .. and u dress them in footie onesies so they stay warm at night..
  • I have a breathable bumper...and the baby trend travel system with the jogging stroller and love it!!!