I HATE THIS COWORKER! HELP =(

edited February 2011 in Birth Stories
So, I've previously mentioned a coworker of mine, who constantly tells me I look fat, that I'll be a bad mom, and just cussing out the name my man and I have picked out.
Now she's gone as far as to frequently talk to me about her friends birthing stories, from C-Sections gone horribly wrong, to as of today her friend who just delivered a still born.
First of all, I do doubt her stories (she's not really known for her honesty around here...) but secondly, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.
I'm a first time mom, so I worry/stress myself out enough as it is, without her adding her two cents in every single day.
I try so hard to not pay attention to these stories, but they are really starting to get into my head!!
Helppppp. :(

Comments

• Be straight with her and tell her to shut up
  • Wow! I would just let your feelings fly at her! And make sure you tell her its a form of harassment and if you hear one more thing your going to turn her in!
  • im scared to say anything...cause then my fists might take over...
  • Tell her to shut up and if she doesn't stop go to your supervisor or human resources department to address it with her.
  • is it a form of harassment? to tell these stories? I guess part of me just doesn't want her to know that she's getting to me!!
  • Ask someone in a higher position to be a witness in a meeting with her and tell her you do not appreciate the negativity and that you only want her to speak to you if its work related.
  • Seriously. Sounds like no one will hate you for calling her out.
  • Im not one to, i guess "tattle tell", but I've been reading your posts on this girl and enough is enough. Now I'm the kind of bitch that would find a way to get back at her under cover, like setting her up to get fired somehow or, idk where u work or what kind of environment u work in?
    utilize.

If being just as much a bitch back isn't an option for any reasons, because u shouldn't risk your own job, then i would absolutley report her harassment to hr or the highest rank boss u can get ahold of. Because her cussing out ur babys sweet name is harassment. Saying u will be a bad Mom is harassment. And obsessing over telling u horror gore birth stories means she just has something wrong.with her head.
    I'm so sorry u have to put up with her u don't deserve it no pregnant woman does but u can do something about it.

Where do u work if u don't mind me asking?
  • @babyboyontheway I'd LOVE to get her fired, not just for these things, but she constantly calls in sick, (even when we've proved that she was not sick on specific days), she leaves the store without telling anyone, and is just straight up rude to customers & I've told my manager about alllll of these things, the baby crap included, and honestly, he's one of the worlds worst managers. I like him as a person, but he HATES confrontation.

I work at a cell phone store in a mall, but we're based out of a different city, so it's hard to go much higher than the manager in the store...

@kkmommy I like that idea...I might just do that...
  • @katlily haha you're very right, most people would not care what I say to her. She's really not a store favorite...but I hate drama, hate stress, and I work opening shifts...meaning that 4 out of my five shifts a week I work solely with her for 4-6 hours...so I don't want it to be a really hostile environment

but thanks everyone for your support and advice...this is such a nice place to vent and get good, solid advice from others who understand how hormonal I am haha
  • Look in your handbook or manual u got when hired if u don't have it ask for one. There has to be corporates number. I just know because i used to work retail and a very good friend was getting poor treatment from a supervisor for no reason so we contacted corporate and there's nothing your manager can do to punish u for contacting them

They will just contact your mang. And maybe send someone to the location to deal with the problem coe worker. Because it is harassment.
    Good luck to u and (I'm sorry , but) f*ck that bitch up!!!
  • hahaha thanks @babyboyontheway
    I'll keep you posted!
    I have been moderately screwing with her with some things (like baby names) but one of these days...it's just going to go too far

but thanks for making me feel better!!

:X
  • I think u would like thepayback.com

Even if u don't want to use any of there gags or anything it would make u laugh to read the stories and look at the stuff they sell to get revenge on come workers :) so funny
  • That's harassment...report her, she needs to be fired. Where do you work?
  • @babyontheway I LOVE YOU...you just get me hahaha

@ncblink I work at a cell phone store in a mall
  • Ok well then you need to report it to the company that is unacceptable
  • I thik I'll have to. I'd like to avoid it, cause I don't need drama or stress right now, but she may leave me no choice...
    :-|
  • Obviously she wants everything to be just about her, I like to shock people if they call me fat I'll say I'm so sorry you work here and have to look at me. It shows you aren't letting her get under your skin. She must really hate herself to destroy others happiness. I ask tons of questions when they tell stories and call them out on inconsistansies, then flat out call them a liar and not to bother me with their bs if they have no life they have to make believe. But it seems like you have a plan to get her to stop, don't be afraid to call anyone out on their crap it only bothers you in the end if you don't.