HELP!!! my son wont sleep longer then 1hr for the past 2 day!!

edited October 2011 in Sleep
My son is 16weeks and he has not slepted nor napped longer then 1 hr at a time for the past 2days, and he usually sleeps 4-6 hrs at night and 2-4 hrs for naps. He ain't teething. Gums ain't red or swollen. He is extremely fussy! He ain't puking, nor running a fever! And this all of a sudden jus happened!! I don't no what to do. Haven't slepted in those 2 days cuz of it!! WHAT SHUD I DO!!! I wanna cry cuz of this

Comments

• Go buy some gas drops and swaddle him I would say if you can hold him for awhile close to your chest then put him dwn on the floor with a soft blanket on his side then roll him to his bak
  • Add a teaspoon or two to his bottles I've started doing it at night feedings
  • To help sleeping my suggestions are...

Walk in the stroller
    Car ride
    Putting him on the dryer while its on
    Vacuum while carrying him
    Music (loud rock works for my girl, even though people always suggest soft music)
    Bouncing
    A walk outside being just carried
    Warm bath
    Having a shower with me

...my daughter is a terrible sleeper so we've done all of these!
  • It's 4 month sleep regression and it sucks my baby has just hit it too have a look here http://www.babysleepsite.com/how-we-sleep/4-month-old-sleep-regression/ this explains it. Xxx
  • @natashalynn I give him a bath everynight. I've tried quite a few of ur suggestions and nothing. My sisters Pediatrician said its a phase. But this jus literary darted the other night all of a sudden.
  • @mum_to_m&;m thanks that explains it. God this sucks :( did urs last for a long time with ur child?? Cuz I jus wish it wud end
  • Increase his feedings my doc said feed more less times a day
  • If he's drooling it's teething. His gums don't have to be red. My baby girl both teeth in at that age without warning. But 4 month oldest can go through a less sleep phase. We started keeping her up till midnight to break her of it.
  • I hate auto correct! It puts words I did not intend!
  • Mine started a couple of days ago so still going he had just started going through the night aswell :(
  • @jtmoon98, he has never had a problem with gas, he farts like 30 times a day, I've had him on enfami AR since he was 6 weeks when I stopped bf.. I did take him to see a dr about acid reflux. When he was 9weeks and he didn't have it. I jus recently spoken to a pediatric about what's going onand he said it might be a phase. @preggointx I've recently increased his feeding by 2 oz and it seems to take the edge off. He did sleep longer lastnight. Which I was glad cuz I got some sleep