baby shower after baby delivered???

edited October 2011 in Baby showers
I was ganna throw a baby shower for a friend but she told me that they only do one after the baby is born. She told me its Cuz they know that the baby is born and healthy and no miscarriage and that its alive. I mean I agree in some ways...nut why think about the negative all the time right? Idk...what do u ladies think?

Comments

• We do them after the baby arrives where I'm from, but mostly as a welcome to the world shower and to celebrate the new life, not because we are afraid that baby won't make it here.
  • I can see why. My uncle just lost his baby girl 2 wks ago. Baby rosy was born sleeping via c sec the day before she was due. If he tries again for another baby i dnt think he will want another babyshower for his girlfriend. The welcome shower seems better imo for others that have gone through this, and they still get what they need for baby.
  • I had a baby shower for my first one at 6 months. It went great but with this new baby coming I'll probably just have a family BBQ or something after the baby is born. I know people who've had baby showers with every pregnancy and some who wont do them until after the baby is born due to not finding out the sex until the baby gets there. To each his own i guess lol
  • I understand every option ...but they already made it seem like its a sin or something to make a baby shower before baby comes ...I even just realized that she never came to mine.