painting baby's toenails/ piercing her ears

edited October 2011 in Babies "First's"
I'm a girly girl and have thought about painting my daughter's toenails. I found non toxic baby polish at GNC and want to use it, but my mom is having a fit! However, she keeps asking when I'm going to get her ears pierced. I think that ear piercing has far more risks than non toxic polish on toes! But I could be wrong :-/ so I just wanted some opinions of mommies of girls. Do u/did u paint nails or pierce ears? Why or why not?

Comments

• im not doing to nails for at least 2 years and shes getting her ears done when shes 6 months. i dont know any risks. but i waiting until 6 months cause it gives her more time for her ears to grow some more. i got mine done at 2 weeks and mine are not even close to even
  • My Dr said toes are totally okay. I already did it lol. Ears well I sorta believe that why put them through pain till they ask first it cause not every girl wants theirs pierced. I waited till my oldest was almost two and she became allergic to metal. So that's where I come from. I wanted to with this baby but I can't stand there and put her through it lol. I'm weak
  • I'm a girly girl also. However I don't/ wont paint my daughters toes until shes older. I also wont Pierce her ears until she's older..and by that I mean 5 6 when she can ask for it :) just mu opinion
  • @Proudmomma i couldnt wear nothing but gold until i was in my late teens. cause they would get infected and red from the fake metal. now i just have to make sure there isnt any nickle in the earring i want to wear
  • @Proudmomma i couldnt wear nothing but gold until i was in my late teens. cause they would get infected and red from the fake metal. now i just have to make sure there isnt any nickle in the earring i want to wear
  • omg im soo sorry for the triple post!!!
  • My baby girl was born in may of 09 an that whole summer her little toes wer painted an she was only 1 2 3 an 4months old. An I got her ears pierced when she was 7months old. My little girl is 2 an now wil pick out nail polish at the store an ask me to paint her nails an toes. I don't see the harm in it. It's soo cute!
  • @proudmommy8789 :) we were at the store the othr day an she pickd out a funky green an a weird Orange.. we decided on hot pink lol
  • Have fun painting your little girls toes!!! It's not like she is chewing on her toes yet!! They will be adorable
  • the green and orange would of been great for halloween!! @breewashington08
  • @proudmommy8789 Ur right...but the colors wer so ugly lol she originally pickd out black haha
  • I am not doing either, I am going to let it be a personal choice
  • I'm not piercing my daughter's ears until she is older. I love piercings of all types but I'm conserned about infection because she is constantly grabbing at things and putting her hands in her mouth. I'm worried that she will start pulling at her ears. It's cute but not something I think will work for her at this moment. I had my ears pierced really young and my ear skin would grow over my earrings over night (not completely but enough not to be able to twist them in the morning) it hurt.
  • I pierced my daughters ears at 2 months after her first round of shots. She did great. I paint her toenails from time to time. I use a kid friendly non-toxic nail polish I bought off amazon.com its called little piggies or something like that.
  • @proudmommy8789 I hope she can out grow it. She's 11 now so we are going to try again.