wtf are the docs talking about

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Doc says next week if I'm not above 10-15%tile it doesn't look good haven't gained weight in 4 weeks neither has baby

Comments

• That doesn't sound too good. How far along are you?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There may be growth restrictions.
  • I started to type explaination but I can't verbalize what I want to say. If no one answers I'll be back w a way to say it so it makes sense...
  • The doc wants to see your baby's growth in the 10th%ile which means that 10% of fetuses at your gestational age measure the same size. Which is low. 50% is average. My daughter, her whole life has been 95th for height and weight, she is big, but proportionate...so she's not overweight. If she were 95th for weight and 50th for height she would be a very chunky monkey. I hope this helps explain what he is talking about. WHY he's telling you that I don't know :(
  • No way dates are wrong n my hormones check the dates correct I'm 24 weeks on Friday n it scares me they want to inject baby with steroids n take her early......isn't that more dangerous than a small baby? They asked me all these weird questions like what job I do if I drink etc like it was my fault!!! I eat I rest take my prenatal vitamins etc like a good mom should!! My first a boy was 6 lbs.9 oz Idk why she's so small
  • they say interuderine growth restriction.....Idk but their scaring me she's 7%ile right now 14oz 9 in they say she won't weigh over 5 lbs when she's born n won't be able to leave the hospital til she does
  • I just want a healthy baby. N this is scary a lot scary. I'm eating more n etc to help her but Idk what else I can do other than pray
  • Try not to worry that will effect her. The docs probably don't mean to make you feel like its something you did just trying to find out what's going on with your baby. You have a healthy boy so they probably don't think its anything you done but just looking for answers same thing you are doing.
  • Thanks @mama_kat and @debs I feel a little better but can't help but worrie
  • I'm sending best wishes love!! Everything will be ok <3