Viewing room during surgery!!

edited October 2011 in Labor
We just found out that our hospital has a viewing room with a glass window where the family can actually watch the c-section taking place!! I have never heard of this! Hubby doesn't like it. He says "it is not a spectator sport". I agree. Seems too intimate.

My questions for you: Does your hospital provide this? Would you feel comfortable letting your family watch you be cut open?

Comments

• I didn't have a cs but I wouldn't like that I don't think...
  • I had a c section and it would have been so cool to have a vieweing room I was only allowed one visitor in during the surgery and I would have liked everyone to see when they pulled him out
  • I had a csection I think the thought of that is pretty cool it allows other people to experience the birth other than just the one person allowed in the OR. But i'd only allow certain people in there like my mother who is an rn.
  • I'd love it if the hospital I'm having my c section at had one. I wouldn't mind my family watching at all!
  • I would assume the window is near your head so that anyone watching would have the same view as the person in the room with you. If that's the case, I would be fine with it.
  • My hospital didnt have that, I woildnt want thwm to watch it maybe just watch while they clean baby and weigh them.
  • i wouldnt mind lol cause when i had my baby i had 8 plus hospital people in the room looking at my whoha
  • nope ours doesnt have that here
  • i would love for fam to get to experience the birth,, but were all different
  • My hospital doesnt have that but I would've love my family to be part of that beautiful experience :)