Freaked out.... but a good thing? Maybe Angels?

edited October 2011 in Parenting
So maybe its a good thing... but it still freaks me out a bit. Or maybe im paranoid and everything has a reasonable explaination.

I brought my baby girl home and have gotten comfortable with her sleeping while we sleep at night and waking every 3-4 hours to feed. We share a room so her crib is a few steps away and shes three weeks and a day old. After the first couple of days... right before she wakes up theres a sudden random noise somewhere around the room... and she begins to cry. Its as if something is trying to tell me shes about to start crying or saying hello... your babys crying do something. Its not something that wakes her though. Its hard to explain.

Today... I was cleaning her up, cut her nails and playing with her trying to soothe her. I noticed she had some boogies in both nostrils, grabbed the suction thing to clean it out and started to suck them out she was getting pissed. They were huge, on both sides and I almost had them, when there was a knock at the door. I got up for literally a second came back to resume cleaning the boogies.... her nostrils were completely clear. BOTH OF THEM. CLEAR. No way she couldve sucked them up.

Shes always staring at something around me which I know is normal because all newborns do it. But its a constant thing. I dont know. Am I just paranoid or is something looking out for my baby girl?

Comments

• it could be her angel!!
  • edited October 2011
    Wow! They might be her angels :). My son when he was three weeks he was staring at something on the wall and he was laughing loud. I was so freaked out. He still does that and he is now three months. But I think is his angels.
  • Everyone has a guardian angel! One day my mom was holding my son and all of a sudden he started cracking up, laughing hysterical at nothing. I believe it was an angel making him laugh.
  • Angel for sure. Maybe a family member... I believe my grams is my sons she passed 6 days before he was born. His birth was not easy and the Dr didn't think he was gonna make it. Sure enough he wouldn't breath, blue, they acted like it was to late and I felt my grams there. I asked her to keep him safe and the next thing I knew the most amazing screams were coming from the other side of the room. I'll never forget that moment. Before she died she said she had to go for him to come to me, I believe that was the moment she was talking about. Some how she knew and she gave me my son. She still stops in to check on him. She makes him laugh in a way that no one else does. Part of me is sad that hell never feel her hugs or know her the way I did. But I know she's still here because of him.
  • Aww these stories make me wanna cry.!
  • My 3 week old laughs an smiles sooo great big an I love to believe its my grandparents who both passed last yr. My son is theyr only greatgrandchild they never got to meet. An when all my grandpas grandkids an great grandkids wer bborn he wld bless them by praying ovr them an my son is the only 1 hee never got to do that with so I like to think he comes to visit him an makes him smile :)
  • Boogie Angel!! :) lol