stranger danger in the delivery room.

edited October 2011 in Labor
Wtf?! So yesterday I learned that the midwife I have been seeing for the past 8 months probably wont even be in the delivery room!! Gosh I loooove tricare and army hospitals! Ugh so pissed. I'm wanting to go natural and I want a calm setting. How the heck am I suopose to be calm, comfortable and at ease when I'm going to be treated as a random person?! I understand there are a lot of pregnant army wives, but what the heck.. ugh..

36 weeks and not looking forward to birth that much now. :(

Comments

• @leggs2011 Oh good ol' Tricare...do you by chance have time to contact a doula? Perhaps if you could find one and spend an extensive amount of time with her before birth, you might feel more comfortable. Plus, she will be able to advocate for you while you are in labor. I am being seen by a high risk doc at Tripler (Hawaii) and I don't even know if he will be the guy delivering. I know there are 2 other high risk docs, but I haven't seen either of them for any of my appts. I am hoping I will be induced at 39 weeks and hopefully it can be scheduled for the doc I've been seeing, but I know I will have to be flexible. I'm hoping that my birth plan will be followed regardless of whom delivers and I will need my husband to advocate for me to maintain the calm environment that I want. Good luck hunny, I hope everything works out for you!
  • @misskristin I wonder how much doulas charge. I wont rly have time though b.c. I am going home on block leave in 4 days for 2 weeks.

I'm just going to try and look on the bright side and try to stick with my plan. Not sure how well hubby will do. Everytime I watch a baby story or the other birth shows he always talkes about how I'll be getting an epidural or he'll bitch how the woman are screaming from the pain and how they're stupid. I may kick him out!! I'm hoping he's just trying to push my buttons and being 'playful'.
  • The practice I go to makes you rotate through all the physicians (or midwives if you see them) since you will get whoever is on call.
  • @hopefulmom2be the first day I went the lady said to try and stick with one lady if possible.. I figured that meant she would be in the room. Assumption is never a good thing.
  • My doc might be delivering mine but it all depends on which midwife is on call that night that's why I see them all for that reason lol
  • @darknesofnight4u see wish I would have thought to ask so I could have done that! My first visit was this rly old midwife about to retire. She had hip and knee surgery and was still using a cane. So when I had my 2nd appt and met 'my doc' i decided that I would request her each time. She is nice, but sometimes can be a lil creeper. I swear she's hitting on me at times. Haha
  • Lol I have 2 midwifes I perfer too the others ehhh its what ever id start seeing the others as soon as possable or ask if u can see them to meet with them u can do that lol :) I'm hoping to everything I get my top 2
  • edited October 2011
    @darknesofnight4u I'll ask. I'm 36 wks and going on vaca in 4 days for 2 wks. U wont be back to see mg doc until nov 6th. I'm due the 10th. There's a possibility I could have the baby back home :) which would be great to me, but terrible to my husband b.c. we're unsure if our insurance will cover it.
  • It should no matter where u go if u call ur insurance co and confirm it and ur a week a head of me :) I'm 34 ill be 35 on Monday lol I think u will be fine :) maybe ask to interview them before or have a birth plan ready and make the others stick to it :)
  • @Leggs2011 I wouldnt have thought of it either ... they just told me from the get go that that is their practice.
  • @leggs2011 I think you would only need to call into Tri-Care for a referral/approval. It's not like you could know ahead of time if you went into labor.