Pp mental health

edited October 2011 in Depression
So my son is 11 weeks and I loooove him so much but I've been so depressed lately because I'm really thinking that my son doesnt like me.. I have high anxiety normally so I wanted to talk to my doc and me put me on effexor and xanax.. He was def concerned that I'm feeling like I haven't really bonded with my son, I think the baby cann sense my fears about him being high risk for being autistic because my other son has it.. My thing is has anyone ever felt like their baby doesnt like them or had a hard time bonding with their babies?

Comments

• My son it's six days old and I finally broke down today. Just typing this is bringing tears to my eyes. Lately my baby just screams. I change him regularly, feed him every two hours. And he just have these fits. My bf is on ten hour shifts and he gets home at 3pm. My son sleeps during the day so when my bf gets him he's sleep. I'm recovering from a caesarean, taking care of him, no quality time from bf, no sleep because baby is up in the middle of the night must of the time. So yes I definitely know the feeling like maybe your baby isn't bonding with you :( sorry for the vent
  • @_kaykes.. My husband works nights too so I only see him friday nights til sunday nights and then nothing all week.. the sleeping will get easier, the first couple weeks I felt like a never ending milk machine that was up all night.. AS for the bonding with your son.. I wish I knew what to say to help you.. My son seems to loooove everyone else but seems like when he hears my voice or I pick him up he fusses and screams.. its killing me to dread coming home and not feeling loved by him
  • I still pregnant but I got 2 daughters and was really dificult to deal whit one 2 years old and a newborn it was so hard I got no help or family there all on puerto rico so my only help was my HB but he was working on nights so he was sleeping when he was home now I'm thinking how its gonna be whit this one dealing whit my 4 years old 2 years old and my 3 years old step daughter plus the newborn I'm getting really depressed and I'm being crying for days and days
  • @mamapalmer I went in to be induced last week wednesday, after two days I demanded a cesarean. I was discharged sunday. five days in the hospital and I can say I maybe got 10 hours of sleep. Then my bf goes back to work on monday. I'm so beyond on edge and tried. I think my baby is picking up on that.
  • I'm 10 days PP & I was depress during pregnancy and since baby came it seem like it only got worse. I love my baby so much but she sleeps the whole day & at night is up & crying(changes diaper, feed her, burp her) constantly, I have no help my bd left wen she was 4days old...I was in labor 26 hrs & it ended in a c-section dat I didn't want 2 have, then incision got infected a bout 2days ago & doctor had 2 cut me back open & stuff it wit gauze which I have 2 clean out every 4 hrs, I go back 4 a check up Monday & if its healed dr goin 2 stitch me back up (ouch!) If it spreaded I have 2 have abdominal surgery(BIG OUCH!) Then whose gonna keep my baby...I'm losing my mind, I'm mentally & physically not 2getha!!

Sorry so long ladies!
  • edited October 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.