pissed at my ob

edited February 2011 in High risk pregnancy
I am 5 weeks today and had my first ob appointment today. Ok almost a year ago I found out I was pregnant and I lost the baby and had to have a dnc. This time I feel totally differnt but my dr today was all negitive and have me looks like I shouldn't be pregnant. He sent me up to get my hcg levels checked and put on the paper threatens abortion that's what they put if u are miscarrying and I'm having no signs.of that. He was just being so nagitive and it mad me so mad . I see him again on Tuesday and if he still like that I will go to a different.ob. sorry I had to vent :)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sorry he was that way.hope all is well.
  • Tank you I might look around tomorrow
  • I would definitely look for a new doctor. Good luck to u & ur lil jelly bean :)
  • I'm sorry but sometimes doctors are idiots! When I had my third miscarriage my doctor told me that most people get real emotional after the third one but I shouldn't because its not like it was alive anyway so there was no loss of life so I shouldn't feel bad! My jaw dropped open and I couldn't say anything. Now no mater what ones opinion is on when a baby becomes a life you can't ever tell someone who just had ANOTHER miscarriage that they shouldn't feel bad and my personal beliefs are that its a life at conception so I was double offended. Seriously you need a new doctor asap!
  • Yep, I'd start looking for a new doc. I had a stillborn last year and am 9 weeks now. I did NOT like the OB I met for the first time last week so I'm looking for a new one too. Good luck.
  • I think u might want to look for another ob doc too as I am I'm high risk so my regular ob doc sent me to see high risk ob I went yesterday short version unhappy she my ob doc smelled bad I was like r u serious! Ewwww. As a woman too and a doctor double no no
  • Honey, I'm sure u and ur baby are fine as long as there is no pain/bleeding ur good. I went to the doc after a bfp and the ultrasound tech was extremely negative..n was like "well I don't see anything so u prlly aren't" I was extremely depressed and if my friend wasn't there to reassure I was fine and prlly early I prlly woulda stressed out and lost the baby. I am now 10wks..well on Monday. I was 2-3wks when she did the ultrasound. Keep ur head up girl. Find a new doc..I did.=]
  • I am very lucky my ob is wonderful he came in on his day off to do my d&c he also deliverd my hubby. His son is also in practice with him and hes only 27 and can u say HOT =P~ although its very uncomfortable to have to see him but he's def easy on the eyes!
  • Look for another! It would be different if he had just cause. Good luck :)
  • Look for anotha doc asap I had a miscarriage 2yrs ago now and my doc was very negative while I was giving birth. I was contracting and in pain so I sat up to make it feel better for me he came in and told me just lay down its not like your baby is goingvto make it any way. Sometimes you can just tell they don't care cause its not them. Make yourself happy and find a new doc.
  • edited March 2011
    Call the Dr and tell them you would like to have your next appointment with a different doctor, a baby is suppose to be a positive experience I've experienced a loss in the past and will always be sensitive to the situation. Can you schedule me with a doctor that can meet these needs? Because my test results all came back healthy and Dr (his name) is not who I wish to complete this pregnancy with. That is absurd for him to act like that. I'll come with you to tell him lol :)