Need advice about my leave from work .

edited October 2011 in December 2011
K so my boss and I r very close and she has counted on me for everything. Well shes the one who had me call our HR lady because I qualify for disability leave after the phone call I told my boss exactly what the HR said which was I get one month before off and its paid for 55% of my usual salary. Well I've been looking forward to my leave because I have a lot to do before the baby. My boyfriend and I have been planning on taking a vecation to visit or friend and relax little b4 the baby comes. And I am taking a fast tack class online which is pretty hard when I'm always working and I was gonna been use those last 4 weeks to finish the class out strong. And on top of all that we never get to stop moving at work and we have to fit shoes which means I'm always bending over or cleaning and its just a lot on my body I even had a seizure last week and went to the er and still didn't take any time off of work after all of that. Well anyways I was talking to my boss and telling her how on my next doc apt I was gonna have my doc fill out the paper work for my lever because out had to be in the mail 9 days before my first day of leave. Then my boss says well how r u suppossed to know that. Well I didn't day anything because obviously its 4 weeks b4 the due date. Then she says how she worked up all the way with her daughter and said I should just do that. Well she didn't have school and a step daughter at home to take care of and her job doesn't require her to be on her feet the whole time and plus everyone is different. so pretty much I don't know what to do or what to tell her or maybe just have my doc sign something because I'm do scared about having this conversation with her because she has always counted on me. What would you guys do? Please help ! Maybe I should just suck it up and work?

Comments

• I would get the doctor to sign you off as per your leave you are entitled to. Your boss is just trying to guilt you into what she wants. She figures it must be better to ruin you into tge ground and risk your health rather than obviously rely on someone else. She also got you to call HR because obviously that is even too much for her.

Take your leave and don't even think twice about it.
  • I agree get signed off its yours and baby health that matters not work,u had a seizure already take that as a warning and get some rest!
  • If you can afford to take the time, then go for it. I worked until the last minute with my 2 youngest.... I definitely wish I was in a position that would have allowed me to leave a few weeks before.

As far as your boss is concerned.... She can suck it up. She shouldn't expect you not to take advantage of the leave benefits she didn't. I would keep notes on the conversation because if you feel she may be retaliating, you will have documentation. Good luck.
  • @dadof2n1togo
    @three_cats_n_a_baby
    @txmoorekst
    First of all thank you guys for the advice, I really appreciate it. I will do that then and talk to my doc about writting me something. I mean I know she has a lot on her mind as well since we had to get all new people except for me and she could have made me the assistant manager but she hired someone else for that place saying that I'm having a baby and who knows if I will want to come back because my whole life will be about my daughter. And she always makes remarks like why did I have to go get pragnent I.would have been good for the assistant possition and all that stuff since shes gonna go work for corporite so I'm the only original left. I don't know she just confuses me. This is why I don't care to take my leave its nity like I have some special job in which everyone needs me. I mean yes the new people even call me on my day off when they don't know how to do something but I don't get paid for any of that.
  • You should definitely do what you feel is comfortable for u were not all the same I too work and plan to work til I have the bby but i might want to take off a week or too before if I can depending on how I feel its already getting tiring and I'm 32 weeks

I would say get the rest do what u gotta do and relax a bit before bby comes ;)
  • Thanks @sammy21 I don't think I would mind so much its just I'm always on my feet so I'm super tired to do all the other stuff yet I still do it. Just need some rest :)