how do you...

edited October 2011 in First time moms
Sleep with a newborn?? I'm exhausted but can't sleep because I am afraid something will happen to her while I'm asleep. I feel like I need to stay up to listen to her breathe and make sure she isn't choking. She's a good sleeper, it's me who isn't. HELP!

Comments

• I'm a ftm so don't have experience yet but maybe get the angelcare monitor. An alarm will go off if she stops moving or breathing maybe it will give you enough peace of mind to sleep? That's what I'm praying for at least, that's the monitor I got.... Hope you get some sleep soon!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have the bassinet right beside bed. She's been doing this weird gag like thing where it looks and sounds like she is trying to spit up Flem and nothing is coming up. She does it once every few hours. So that's what worries me. Is she may do that and choke..
  • Babys just do that choke thing ...sleep with her in your arms I do but my son is very spoiled because of it I'm now trying to transition him back to the bassinet but he is having a hard time
  • I felt the same way when I brought me Mimi home. Letting her sleep alone in her crib was a terrifying thought so we got a bassinet and i put it on my side of the bed. Never put extra blankets inside just swaddle baby and lay her on her back and she'll be fine
  • I got the angelcare monitor! I would not be able to sleep if we didn't have it. Sometimes I freak out at night bc Hell be so quiet for a while annd look at the monitor blinking when he breathes and know he's ok!
  • I was like that with my first. Just swaddle her and lay her in the bassinet. She'll be fine.
  • That feeling will never go away. It's what mommys do. We worry. You can do things like the monitor to help you feel better, but your always going to worry. My son is 2.5 and when I get up to pee I check on him. Just to make sure he's still breathing. It gets easier as they get older but it never really goes away. I hope you do get sleep tho. Mamas need there rest too! Good luck!! :)
  • Angelcare monitor for me too!! Love it!