Still no name at 36 weeks! help!((UPDATE ten DAYS LEFT))

edited October 2011 in Baby names
I may strangle my husband!! Every name I come up with my husband shoots down right away! He's in the army and his excuses for not liking the name will be 'oh I knew this pos soldier in ait who didn't do shit' or 'do you know what Cambells first name is? Id never hear the end of it'. I told him who freakjng cares what campbells first name is. I don't know him!! Then he tried saying 'hiw would you feek if we named him someone you knew' I told him I didn't care if I liked the name. Then he suggested with an attitude Kevin. Kevin is my dad and brothers name AND me father in laws name. I told him FINE WITH ME. (Though no its not fine. Maybe if it wasn't my brothers name)

Ugh makes me mad. I first wanted to name him Alexander. (My distant cousins baby is named that, see I dont care) but he shortened it to Xander. I don't like that name.
Then I picked Cameron. Amhe said hell no b.c. of that upcoming football player Cam Newton and every kid born in 2011 will be named Cameron or Cam. Dereks whole thing is he doesn't want the baby ti have a common name.
Last name I picked is Preston. I seriously fell in love with it and I don't know anyone with thag name. But that's campbells name I guess.(some soldier he knows and everyone hates)

But I'm going to fight it. When I first mentioned Preston James he seemed ok with it. James is my husbands middle name and when ee were first ttc derek sajlid he didn't care what the name was as long as baby had james as the middle name.

I swear I'm just going to put 'baby bean bean' down on the damn birth certificate!! No kid will have that name and its been his name since week 10.

UGHH.

Comments

• since he shoots everything down, does he have any suggestions???
  • We didn't choose until after birth :) She was 24 hours old actually before we named her.

What about Colter? That was our boy name, but we had a girl.
  • James is my husbands middle name too, so it would have been Colter James. ;)
  • My sons name is Colten....it is such a strong name and fairly uncommon...I love it (obv in biased because its my sons name lol)
  • Kentworth Alexander!
  • Hahaha my bf is in the army too and I couldn't even beginnn to tell you how many names he shot down bc of soldiers he knew!! We didn't have a name til around then either! Goodluck, you'll agree eventually :)
  • could you name him james presten and call him presten.. lol.. really though..
  • I have 4 boys ; Anthony, Gabriel, Joseph, and Samuel . Me and my hubby had girl name picked out all the tine but could never agree on boy name. Maybe u can compromise on first and middle name:)
  • What about Corbin?
  • preston is a good name what about lucas or edward or calvin or jacob or noah
  • Stick with preston. Thee kid will probably never meet the guy. How long will your husband actually know the guy? Sure they hate this guy but they don't call him by his first name. He can say you are in love with the name anyway! I love the name preston but it's my exes name so my husband would never allow it lol
  • I am 35going weeks with a girl, and we have yet to name her. Which is gave me anxiety up until me finally saying f it....I will name her when she comes out. We or should I say I bc at this point I stopped asking my husband.....have two names picked out and once we see her face I will decide what her name will be. Good luck and stick to your guns!
  • Im with @mamaof4 I like the name Colter and if goes great with James
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm in your situation but the other way around lol.. I'm SO picky! Bd has been getting really frustrated with me. I've gone through so many names, Owen, Oakley, Maxwell, Xander, Mathieu.. right now I'm leaning towards Troy Mathieu.. I'm also 36 weeks I'm afraid baby we'll come and I'll be all doped up on pain medds after birth and name him something ridiculous like lasagna.. hahaha.
  • Rawr... still no darn name.. hmph.. I have 10 days til my due date!!!
    I haven't replied b.c. I wanted to give him a few days. Then my mom flew in and we drove home(indiana). We leave for tx in 3-4 days.

I have asked our family in both sides what they think. But no matter what they say Derek doesn't agree... I still love the name Preston. He asked his bro what does it remind him of. Jarod said nothing, Derek goes 'no its that fat ass guy from jackass'. Who the F is that?? I don't rly watch those movies.

These are the names I picked out and he doesn't like.
    Cameron James
    Alexander James(or to be unique spell it alekzander)
    Elijah James
    Noah James
    Nolan James(nolan is one of my brothers middle name)
    Sebastian James
    Wentworth James(as a joke b.c of the lil hottie from prison break; wentworth miller :D)
    And I had a few others.

HE sat down one night and looked through one of 5 books and picked out:
    Davin(yes like davinport aka couch)
    Brenner(my brothers name is brendan)
    Keaton
    Xander
    I don't like any of those names..

@1stwoodsbaby @mamaof4 @coltensmama @blueberrysmom @stbmilitarybrat @lae3 @nmartinez79 @kiwi_mom @babyluv8 @ash1la @mama0811 @pawgio
  • @girlsloveink87
    I offered him that solution. For me to call baby Alexander and he just call him xander. But that was a no go.
    Sometimes I think derek thinks its a game. My mom said she thinks its a way of controlling me.
    I'm convinced the babies name will be preston james. I think I'm over Alexander anyways, like your over skyler.

• My son didn't have a name till after he was born. I couldn't even get Brandon to talk about names till the last two weeks or so and every name he came up with I thought was a joke but he was serious lol. I loved the name danner there wouldnt be another danner and when I finally got Brandon to admit he liked the name we didn't name our son that. He is Brody lol. Here are some names I thought of
    Weston
    Danner
    Jaxen
    Brantley
    brentley
    Ryan
    just a few suggestions. Good luck.
  • Thats tuff .. I likem all.. You could always wait till u meet him first to see what fits.. Go in w/ some picked out mabey it will be easier for both of u