a little worse then terrible 2's plz help

2»

Comments

• I am no doctor nor I try to be one, but my mom had a friend and her son had autism and it was really close to the behavior your child is having, he used to hit his mom when he was mad or just because he felt like it, he used to hit and bite others and sometimes him self. Has she been checked for autism? I hope that's not the case. I wish you and your daughter the best. :x
  • edited October 2011
    @everyone thank u so much for every input u gav.. a lot of u suggested switching her meds. She has a great Dr who, alrdy switched her meds once for behavior. So I knw she wil b ok with altering it again. An when we switched her meds the Dr showed me how to wean her off one med to start the new an it went so very smoothly.. I believe her meds is what is playing a big part in it.. the phychologist shlld b contacting me Monday. If not by Monday I wil b calling bak Tuesday. Her seizure Dr is a hour away an her apt there is coming up soon.. I think the behavior chart is a good idea, its smthn I can use for both my kids, like I said I also hav a 3yr old. Smebody asked if she cld talk an how her verbal skills are, she talks very clear an even says and words betr than my 3yr old. So I dnt believe it cld b communication skills. An somebody mentioned autism, her Dr won't test for autism til she's a bit older. Smebody posted a like for child bipolar an she does carry a lot of those symptoms, an bi polar is hereditary, which her paternal grandfather has an my sister an my paternal grandmother had. So it is very likely that's what it cld b. Thanks so much for evrybodys input!
    @tinka1326 @nameless @littlefae @beautiful_altar @granny2b @mama2be11_4_11 @kaylathering @math_mommy @laura536 @hopes_mummy @mattandmallory27 @pinkigirl @alwayzbeenurz2008 @janet_2011
  • Keep us updated!
  • Hearing your story i automatically thought Early Onset Bipolar. My son was diagnosed at 7 yrs old and night terrors, waking in the middle of the night & tantrums all sound like my son. He never had any violent behaviors but he was an only child & got my complete one on one attention. He was a very fussy baby, he never learned to self sooth. He had to be rocked asleep he could never fall asleep on his own. He also had some tactile issues, he will not touch paper towels if they are dry, he also cannot stand the feeling of walking on carpet with his socks on.

The interesting thing is that anti-seizure medication is often used to treat bipolar, so maybe changing her meds could help. I read the book The Bipolar Child, and it really helped me to piece together all his symptoms. Im not saying your daughter has bipolar but i think it could help to read that book. The problem for bipolar children is that dr's do not want to diagnose at such a young age. I had to get my son in a research study at UCLA before i found a dr that specialized in childhood bipolar disorder.

Being a single mother of a child with special needs has been very difficult, and I feel for you. The behaviors are hard to deal with but i think the worst part is the fear and worry about your child and their future.
  • @2ndtimearound how new or old is that book? Mayb my library has it.. thanks for Ur input as well. I do believe it is her medicine. Thing is, if we r out in public she's a angel. I'm worried I'm gona take her to this phschologist an shes gona go in there an b so well bahaved that the therapist just writes it off as normal 2yr old behavior.
  • My son statrted being like that when he was about 4. He's now 9 with adhd. Poor little guy cannot sit still, everything he gets around he tries to tear it up, and now I kind of think hes sleep walking and peeing in his floor (I guess thinking that hes in the bathroom) I understand what your going through except mine is a older version lol, which could be better or worse. He doesn't listen unless I get upset at him and we tried 4 different counslers that did nothing. His doctor put him on a medication (which I hated to do, it broke my heart) but it really does help. It doesn't magically make him perfect but he slows down and concentrates on his actions more. With yours being 2 that may not be very helpful right now. Good luck hun!!
  • @emy Its so hard with her bein younger that I don't knw how much of it is her age, becuz she is very very very very rambunctious. She don't sit still. Shes very easily distracted. She's constantly jumping. She jumps instead of walks. She's easily frustrated. She's very sneaky. I hav to contantly stay on my toes with her cuz she's 4evr into stuff than she's been in trbl for a million times. And of it is normal 2 yr old bhavior and then she has those tantrums. Wher she screams at the top of her lungs....
  • have you found something she loves to do. i know they cant check for autisum(sp) yet. but my cousin has it and as long as hes playing video games he is fine and listens. thats the one thing that keeps him happy but if they trun it off before hes ready hell breaks lose
  • @proudmommy8789 Thers not really 1 thing she favors.. she's all over the place. Thers not really 1 activity that I cld use. I can't get her to sit stil long enough to get her untreated in a activity. The other night we made cookies an she sat still long enough to use a cookie cutter a cpl times.
  • i would say maybe get her in a sport but shes to little for that right now. maybe gymnasticks(sp)